•❥𝟵៚"𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗜 𝗡𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗼 𝗕𝗲,"

You followed Rita down the staircase, eventually entering the large bunker that she had told you about.

Just as you'd guessed, a few hotel staff members were gathered there, and they looked just as shaken up as you.

Everyone was evidently frightened, because there didn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel.

The interior of the bunker resembled a very polished basement - it was simple in design, but there was a solid quality to it that really stayed true to Rita's words.

The walls were quite sturdy, and there was a fair amount of food supplies to keep the residents of the bunker well-fed for several months - not that it was of any use at that point.

No one knew what was going to happen next, but one thing was for certain - it was not going to be good.

You saw that one of the hotel staff members there happened to be the same young man that had first brought your bags to your room, and your heart ached for him, seeing how traumatized he looked.

Fear was everywhere, and there was no running from it.

In the background, a little radio played at a reasonable volume, broadcasting the news as it happened.

"Jean, are the lines still working?" Rita asked one of the other females.

"Yeah," she nodded. "They seem to be fine,"

That's when you spotted the long table at the end of the room, on which the telephone rested.

There wasn't much else on the table, but that wasn't of any importance at that point in time.

Rita turned to you, giving you a nod of encouragement.

You thanked her quietly before rushing over to the table, now focusing on what you needed to do.

As Rita joined the rest, the radio's volume was turned up a little louder, allowing them to properly listen to whatever was being announced.

It occurred to you that you didn't know the number to the hotel Michael was staying at, but you knew that Janet most likely had an idea - so you decided to call her.

At first, there was silence after you'd initially dialed her number - but then the line began to ring.

You took in a hopeful breath as you waited, your nervousness increasing by the second.

A dull, yet powerful rumble shook the ground, but it wasn't very violent - it was more like a very subtle shift.

However, it was enough to make everyone even more terrified.

"Hello?"

You breathed a sigh of relief when you heard Janet's voice.

"Jan!" you exclaimed.

"(Y/N)?! (Y/N), where are you?!"

"It's a long story, Jan, but right now I need to get into contact with Michael - do you know which hotel he's staying at?" you asked.

"Yes, he's...at the Diamond Oasis hotel-"

"Can you give me the number?" you rushed, desperately needing to talk to him.

The line started to break up, but you could hear her reciting the number, so you scribbled it down.

"Jan? Jan, what's happening?" you frowned when the line began to grow further distorted.

But there was only one set of words you heard before the line broke off completely.

"It's...over,"