•❥𝟳៚𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝗱

"In the recent hours, the strange happenings in the environment only seem to be growing less predictable, baffling scientists even more. Last night, a never-before seen hail-storm took over the skies, tragically claiming the lives of over thirteen hundred people. The disaster ma-"

You pressed the mute button on the remote, unable to listen to the news any longer.

As you laid there, in the empty bed, surrounded by nothing but the thundering sound of the violent rainfall, you waited for Michael's call.

A few hours had passed, and you were growing more anxious by the minute. You'd tried calling Janet's home number, and you'd tried calling the number at the ranch - but neither of them had answered.

Naturally, your mind had taken on the image of the worst possible scenario, even though you knew that overthinking wasn't going to help.

You were so anxious that you had bitten your nails until you had drawn blood - not that you could feel the pain at that point.

The anxiety had rendered you in a temporary state of the adrenaline rush.

Temperatures had begun to drop again, and slowly, people were starting to panic.

Suddenly, you were snapped out of your thoughts when someone knocked at your door.

Because you were too anxious to get up, you spoke from where you were seated. You didn't want to hear the news, but you also didn't want to miss a second of your view of it.

Again - anxiety.

"Come in,"

The door opened, and you saw Rita poke her head in, taking a peek to see if you were alright. You smiled softly when you realized who it was.

"Rita," you straightened up, urging her to enter the room.

"Sorry, ma'am, I didn't want to disturb," she stepped into the room, not entering fully - out of respect. "But I...saw you this morning, in the lobby...and I just wanted to check if everything was alright,"

"Oh....yes," you grimaced awkwardly. "Don't worry, it had nothing to do with anyone here - I just...I'm going through some stuff," you cleared your throat.

She nodded in understanding. "Of course, I understand," she flashed you a polite smile. "Well, I just wanted to let you know that we're all here, at your service if you need anything,"

"That's very kind of you," you replied, making sure she knew how sincere you were.

Her eyes subconsciously drifted off to what you were watching, and she appeared to be just as concerned as you.

"I hear it's only going to get worse," she stated, shaking her head. "They say scientists are still trying to get answers, but I think they haven't even started - because they don't know what to do,"

You stared at her, finding yourself curious about the tone of her words. "So...what exactly do you think is going to happen?"

"The end of the world, ma'am," she answered, making your eyes widen. "I think this is the beginning of the end. I believe that now we have violent hail-storms and terrible temperature fluctuations - but soon, the grounds will part, and the sky will fall,"

Your blood ran cold when you heard that.

"That's...quite a stretch, don't you think?" you laughed nervously, hoping that she was just joking.

"No ma'am, I believe we've reached the end, and once the finale starts, no one will be spared," she shook her head sadly.

With that, she left you in peace again, shutting the door.