•❥𝟰៚𝗠𝗶𝗹𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

"(Y/N)!" Janet's voice greeted you before the door had even opened fully.

And even though you were happy to see her, you were quite disappointed that Michael had broken his promise.

You'd specifically asked him not to send anyone to check on you just yet, and he'd already broken that promise in less than twenty four hours.

Could he have at least given it some time?

"Hey Jan," you smiled, giving her a hug before you stepped aside to let her enter the room.

Once you had closed the door, you turned around to face her. She stared at you with that guilty smile, even though she tried to play it off as though she was completely nonchalant.

"Michael sent you, didn't he?"

Her eyes widened as she gasped a little too dramatically. "W-What? No! That's absurd!" she laughed nervously, walking over to sit down at the edge of the bed. "Absolutely insane,"

You set your hands on your hips, continuing to stare her down.

Just as you expected, she broke within the first few seconds.

"Okay, yes, Mike asked me to come down here," she nodded. "But, in his defense, you asked him not to send anyone to come and see you - I'm not just anyone, I'm your sister-in-law," she smiled proudly.

You released a deep breath, shaking your head in disbelief. "I should have known he would do this!" you collapsed onto the floor, sitting down lazily on the carpeted floor.

Swiftly, Janet got off the bed, joining you.

"Listen, I know you're upset, but you have to understand that he cares for you. Shit, (Y/N), he loves you," she reasoned. "He told me everything, and when he first asked me to come here, I didn't want to, because I knew you'd be upset," she shrugged. "But then I saw the look in his eyes, and-"

"That's exactly why I wished to cut contact with him for the time being," you groaned. "Because he...makes it so easy for everyone to want to give in,"

"Only when it comes to you, because he's crazy about you," she flashed you a small smile.

You stared at the floor, drawing random patterns on the carpeted surface. "I can't go back, Jan - not yet," you whispered.

"I know," she nodded, making you look up at her. "And I've told Michael that he needs to ease off if he wants to maintain a connection with you," she reached out to take your hand. "So you can allow yourself to be mad at him for this, because I'm with you on that," she giggled a little, making you do the same. "But let me in, because I'm not my dumbass brother. I'm here, and I wanna spend time with my sister!"

With Janet, you couldn't keep a straight face for very long. She was truly your sister, and there was no way you could shut her out.

When she saw you start to smile in defeat, she squealed, knowing that she'd gotten her way.

"Agh! Okay, tonight, you are not going to take my brother's calls, because we are having a girls' night!" she exclaimed.

"Oh Jan, I don't think I-"

"I will not take no for an answer," she cut you off, shaking her head. "We are going out tonight, and you're going to have fun,"

There was no arguing with her, and you knew that.

You were just very anxious as to what she had in mind.