•❥𝟴៚𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

You rushed out of your room, the ground still trembling violently beneath you. Your heart lodged itself in your throat as debris from the ceiling came raining down, each time missing you by a hair's breadth.

There was so much confusion as to what was going on, and though you hadn't the slightest clue as to what the situation was, you knew that you needed to get out of the building.

You raced along the corridors, seeing that smoke was now filling the air.

People screamed and cried as they rushed out, pushing past each other in a bid to make it out of the building before it collapsed.

You had started tearing up as fear coursed through your veins. Several bodies lay strewn across the halls, the result of those that had been unfortunate to have been caught in the falling debris.

"Oh my God," you whimpered to yourself, running through the corridors as fast as you could.

There was no way you could take the elevator, so you made a run for the fire exit stairwell. To your surprise, it was empty, but there was a great deal of smoke.

Quickly, you became aware that there were a few bodies along the stairwell, those individuals having inhaled the smoke.

You tried to stay calm, falling to the floor before beginning to crawl. You did your best to stay as low as you could, for cleaner air was always at the bottom during those situations. As you moved, you used your hands to navigate your way, feeling around for anything that could indicate danger.

The whole while, you took short breaths, trying to stay as calm as possible.

Along the way, you'd encountered several corpses, but you tried not to let it affect you. You needed to get out, and that was all that mattered.

Eventually, you reached the exit door, and you made sure to feel the doorknob before opening it.

To your relief, it wasn't hot, and when you opened it, you were greeted by the open space - except it looked very different.

Those that had managed to escape were all huddled together, and there were some other distraught individuals who had lost their loved ones, laying on the ground in grief.

But that wasn't why everything looked different.

No, it was because the sky had now taken on a dark purple hue, making it look as though it were both evening and day-time.

It wasn't twilight - it was something very different, something otherwordly.

The sun could no longer be distinguished, even though it was there.

You ran out, rushing as far away from the building as possible.

The ground was still shaking as you ran, and the moment you spotted Rita running toward you, you felt a wave of relief wash over you.

"Ma'am, are you alright?!" she asked, having to raise her voice over the cacophony of chaos.

"Yes, but what happened?!" you asked, having to strain your voice as well.

She pulled you along with her, getting you as far from the collapsing building as possible.

The ground was still shaking, but everyone had quickly adjusted to that.

Once the pair of you were far enough from the building, you could truly see the state of everything.

The building had fallen apart after its foundation had been weakened by the seismic disturbance, and once that had happened, utter chaos had ensued.