•❥𝟭៚𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗳𝗹𝗶𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗱

• ❥•ততত•♥•ততত•❥ •
SET IN
THE YEAR:
1988
• ❥•ততত•♥•ততত•❥ •

"As temperatures rise, all across the world, people are noticing strange anomalies in the atmosphere. Scientists have been working tirelessly to provide answers as the rest of the world waits, but for now, no conclusive answers have been ascertained,"

You sighed, turning off the television before tossing the remote onto the empty spot beside you.

It was a little after eleven in the evening, and you were nestled comfortably on the sofa, awaiting the return of the man you had been dating for the past three years.

Late nights were nothing new when it came to Michael Jackson, especially when he was in the process of recording for his next album.

Similarly, waiting for him on late nights was nothing new - except this time, there was something you desperately needed to tell him.

At the present moment, there was a lot going on in the world, strange happenings in nature that left even the most experienced of experts baffled - but no alarms had been rung yet, so there really wasn't reason for anyone to panic just yet.

However, you felt as though you were dealing with your own inner confusions that rendered you completely distressed, emotionally - even if you did well to hide it.

In the recent weeks, you'd been seeing Michael less and less - even not interacting with him for several days at a time, because you always 'missed' each other. There were times when you'd have fallen asleep by the hour he returned, and then there were times when he'd have left for the studio long before you'd woken up.

You hardly ever saw him, and when you did finally get the chance to spend time with him, it always felt rushed, like you were constantly losing grip.

The ironic thing was that you lived together, and yet it felt like the complete opposite.

You'd tried to make it work, with frequent phone calls to compensate for the lost quality time, but eventually, he got so busy that you weren't even able to get him to talk to you on the phone.

Every time you called the studio, you were informed that he was busy, and that you should simply leave a message.

Over time, the persistent 'distance' began to take a toll on your mental and emotional health, and the fact that you had previously struggled with your mental health, in the past, did not make things any easier.

You'd reached a point where the walls of the massive mansion felt empty, and you had gradually come to the realization that things were not going to get better. By that point, even extensive communication wasn't going to cut it - you needed time for yourself, time to find your stability again, on your own.

It's not like you hoped to end your relationship forever - you just needed to find yourself again, because you'd lost it in your efforts to make your relationship work.

When you'd moved in together, it was supposed to symbolize the advancement of your relationship - wordlessly announcing that you intended to commit to each other.

Except recently, it felt more as though you were the only one that was committing.

And that was what you hoped to talk to Michael about, when he got home.

You'd already packed your bags, and they were well concealed behind one of the large sofas, because you didn't want Michael to be alarmed as soon as he walked in.