Chapter 12

It had been a few days since the Valentine's day dance, and when Vlad asked Lucinda to be his girlfriend. The two haven't left each other's side, and Vlad ended up taking the girl on a date the day after the dance and they had a great time.

It was now Ingrid's birthday, and everyone was in the dining hall including Robin. Lucinda had given the teen a new pair of red high heels that she had her eyes on, which made Ingrid squeal and pull the girl into a hug. And Robin gifted the girl a coffin shaped jewellery box.

"Robin, it's perfect" Ingrid said, watching the little vampire figurine twirl around with the music. Robin, who was happy by her answer, decided to lean in and try to get a kiss from Ingrid. The girl looked at him in disgust and pushed him away. Next was Vlad to give her a gift.

"Happy Birthday, sis" he said, handing her her present which she eagerly ripped open.

"Peace, love and Transylvania: How to be a happy blood free vampire" Ingrid spat, causing Lucinda to hide her face in Vlad's back so she didn't laugh.

"You haven't read it, have you?" Vlad jokingly asked, but Ingrid just stared at the book and set it on fire.

"Don't worry, i kept the receipt" The boy sighed, wrapping an arm around Lucinda's waist and pulled her into his side. Suddenly, the Count appeared and his face brightened when he saw all the presents on the table.

"Vladdy, I've forgotten your birthday" He said, gaining a scoff from his daughter.

"My birthday. My sixteenth birthday" She reminded him, but he made it seem as if he forgot.

"Oh nonsense, if it was the castle bell would be ringing to summon you for your vampire transformation" Count explained just as the bells started to ring, but of course he tried to pretend that he couldn't hear them.

"I can't hear anything at all. Can you? Alright, so it's Ingrid's special day" He sighed, then went through his pockets and pulled out a fang brush, handing to the teen. Her face showed obvious disgust.

"Here, have a vintage fang brush"

"Is that it?" Ingrid spat, throwing the brush on the table.

"Well it's more than you got from your mother. I see she couldn't even bother to show up" Count said, just as the hall door opened and in glided Magda.

"Happy Birthday, darling" she smiled, just as Renfield wheeled in what looked to be a coffin shaped present. Lucinda and Vlad didn't really pay attention to the rest of what was going on, and the two talked amongst themselves.

When the time came, Ingrid went down the basement with Lucinda, robin and Vlad in tow.

"Ingrid wait!" Vlad called out, making the girl stop and turn to her little brother.

"What"

"I just wanted to say, goodbye" he said sadly, making Ingrid roll her eyes.

'I'm only gonna be in there for two minutes" She replied, looking at Vlad weirdly.

"Yeah, i know but when Boris...changed, he became selfish, and evil and-" Vlad started to explain, but was cut off by Ingrid.

"Well I'm already selfish and evil. Only now, it'll come with added fangs" and with that, she walked into the room and the doors closed.

"She'll be okay, Vlad. It's Ingrid we're talking about" Lucinda spoke softly, giving him a kiss on the cheek. Vlad grabbed her hand giving a squeeze, and kissed the side of her head lovingly. Lucinda played with Vlad's hair, but jumped when they heard Ingrid yelling from inside. The two went to step forward, but Robin stopped them.

"Don't do it, it's a vampire trick" He warned, as Ingrid kept yelling and banging on the door. Vlad stepped forwards, but the suit of armours pointed their swords at him, making Lucinda grip his hand tighter.

"Vlad! Luci! Help me!" Ingrid yelled again, this time Vlad spoke up.

"I, the son and heir of Count Dracula, order you to stand aside and open the door" He said, and the armours moved away and the door opened. Ingrid ran out screaming, causing Robin to let out a dramatic scream.

Vlad and Lucinda looked at each other, then to their friend. The boy stopped, giving the two a sheepish smile and walked to stand next to Lucinda.

"Where did she go?" He asked. Suddenly, it felt as if something cold went through Vlad and Lucinda, making them shiver.

"Did you feel that?" Lucinda asked, looking to Robin who shook his head. Vlad grabbed Lucinda's hand again, and lead her out of the room calling out to Robin to follow.