2.03 | ANGER ISSUES

Start from the beginning

"What the hell does it even matter to you?"

"It serves various purposes of mine, of course."

"What. Purposes."

"You'll have to agree to work with us to find out, I'm afraid."

Feyre growled at both their statements, as she unknowingly folded the fork into a tangle of metal. When she sets it down on the table, Rhys chuckles. "Interesting." while Aadya murmurs under her breath, "That's not good." both of them heard her silent words, and Rhys turned to her with a narrowed eyes, Feyre's were filled with slight fear.

Rhys turned his curious eyes away from Aadya towards Feyre, then it drifted to the mangled fork. "Has anyone ever told you that you're rather strong for a High Fae?"

"Am I?"

"I'll take that as a no." He popped a piece of melon into his mouth. And then started filling another plate filled with food and handed it to Aadya who silently took it, without any argument, which made Rhys more suspicious. "Have you tested yourself against anyone?"

"Why would I?" Feyre snapped. She was enough of a wreck as it was.

"Because you were resurrected and reborn by the combined powers of the seven High Lords. But you were not waking up. . ." he turned to Aadya, who convieniently was eating her food, not meeting his eyes, "atleast not until Aadya did a spell, which no one knew anything about. And Aadya's self- righteous personality, might have come into play and she might have done something, reckless." his words were carefull, but the insinuation was clear. "If I were you, I'd be curious to see if anything else transferred to me during that process."

Before Feyre could deny the assumption, Aadya snapped at Rhys. "Nothing else transferred to her." She placed her half-eaten plate on the table and stood up, to probably leave. But Feyre watched as both Aadya and Rhysand went still as death. Aadya caught the scent of the same woman, from last night coming this way and now she defintely didn't want to be here. Rhysand's lazy grin returned as he leaned forward. "We have company. We'll discuss this later."

"No, we won't," Feyre replied as Aadya said at the same time, "I have to get out of here."

The quick, light footsteps sounded down the hall, and then she appeared. Her bright, golden hair was tied back in a casual braid, and the turquoise of her clothes offset her sun-kissed skin, making her partially glow in the morning light.

"Hello, hello," she chirped, her full lips parting in a dazzling smile as her rich brown eyes fixed on Aadya.

"Aadya, Feyre," Rhys said smoothly, "meet my cousin, Morrigan" a teasing look at Aadya, who matched it with a bored look. "Mor, meet these two lovely, and charming ladies. Feyre and. . .Aadya."

Mor's eyes sparked with recognition, as she gave Rhys a wide-eyed look, before stroding towards Aadya who was already standing in a guarded position. "Ah, the girl I've heard so much about. It is so nice to meet you." Aadya ignorned the first statement, as she regarded the woman in front of her. Her name seemed so familiar.

But before Aadya could get a word out, she was pulled into a bone-crushing hug. Aadya didn't know what to do with her hands pinned to her sides, so she just gave a awkward pat on her back. Mor pulled away and grinned rather fiendishly. "Your name sounds really familiar and not because Rhys couldn't stop talking about you. Have we met before?"