024

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

HEESEUNG

Heeseung never planned to enter a relationship.

It wasn't because he had an aversion to love but because he had no time for it. Morning until night he dedicated himself to his studies. For years he has always dreamt of studying abroad to become a doctor and to make everyone around him proud.

But everything changed when he met an amusing girl.

She approached him everyday after he pulled her away from the girls who were clearly using her. At first, he felt annoyed by it  because the time he spent alone in the library, studying, was destroyed by her.

He couldn't say anything mean to her not only because he didn't want to hurt her feelings, but also because she was related to one of his closest friends.

So he learned to get used to it. Not until he found himself slowly enjoying her presence. Often times he would steal a glance at her and he would see her busily burying herself in her phone or a book she randomly pulled from a shelf that most of the time, she's not even interested in. The more glances he stole, the more beautiful she looked in his eyes.

"I like you." She blurted out as they stood in a place at the park where the sun's farewell to the world was the most visible.

"Hana—"

"Don't! Don't reject me just yet!" She stops him. "Give me five months! Five months to get to know me then if your feelings about me remains the same, I'll take it."

In the end, he agreed to her terms. At that time he fully believed his feelings will remain the same even after five months.

"Your cousin confessed to me."

"Okay." Jake answered nonchalantly as if it was no surprise to him.

"Okay? Why aren't you going all protective mode on her like you usually do?" Heeseung raised his eyebrow.

"She literally asked me your name before, I've known for over a year that girl has a crush on you." Jake explained. "So what did you say? Did you reject her?"

"Well I was going to but she told me to give her five months to get to know her." He replied. "She's really amusing."

Jake chuckled. "Be careful there. You never know, you may fall deeper than she did."

Back then he thought it was a funny assumption but little did he know, his friend would be able to predict the position he was going to put himself in the future.