cold bodies, warm hearts

now playing:
PSYCHO
-
RED VELVET

The night was young, the sky was painted with millions of stars, and the air was cool. The cemetery wasn't a very pleasant place to be at such a night, but here I am. I'd like to leave but it's not like I had anywhere else to go anyways.

I sat up from my grave, shivering a little as the cold air hit me, as if I wasn't already used to having such a low body temperature for a while now. I slowly got up and dusted off some of the soil particles on my suit.

I wore a black and white striped suit, sort of like Jack Skellington's, and because of this, I like to describe my current corpse state as Jack skellington. Only difference would be that I wasn't so much of a skeleton yet.

It was dreadful being buried 6 feet under, it's dark, cold, and awfully lonely.

But that was when I first got here. Thing's have changed a little. Like the addition of a new corpse buried beside me some time ago.

I walked to a secluded area of the cemetery, where a white pavilion was. It was decorated with vines scattered and crawling on the pillars and roof. And inside the pavilion stood the silhouette of the person I was looking for. Or more of, corpse.

She stood there, in her a beautiful white dress, looking at the stars. It made her look like a bride, getting ready for her wedding and wishing the best for her marriage.

I went up to her and took my place beside her. Despite being a corpse, she looked effortlessly beautiful.

"I see you're finally awake from your deep slumber."

She said, eyes still focused on the countless of stars. I smiled, and slipped my hand into hers.

"Well, you're right on that."

She leaned onto me, resting her head on my shoulder as she started to fiddle around with my fingers.

It made no sense. I was a corpse, a cold dead rotting body, but here I was, heart beating so fast I felt like it might explode. And body so warm under her touch.

The cemetery felt less lonely and dull, and I felt more alive than I ever had.

" Do you think we'll ever be one of those stars one day?"

" Maybe, after we're cremated I suppose."

I answered, looking down to her.

" Well then we're going to be all alone again, aren't we?"

She said teasingly.

" No," I brought her hand up to my lips and placed a soft kiss, looking deeply into her mesmerising eyes, " because I'll make sure that I'm right beside you. Wherever you go, I'll always be with you."

With that, I caressed her pale face and leaned in, placing my purple-ish lips onto hers as they moved in sync.

Be it 6 feet deep or somewhere far up in the sky, I will never leave her. For she is the Sally to my Jack Skellington.