a painter's fool

now playing:
SHIVERS
-
ED SHEERAN

I never excepted that i'd be a hopeless romantic. I've always been the kind to turn away from such topics, thinking it was nothing but a waste of time and something only fools would get themselves into.

That was until I met her.

I couldn't explain it, the moment my heart started beating so fast.

She was painting in her art studio and I just so happened to stumble across her creating something. She looked so ethereal as she concentrated on every delicate stroke.

When she noticed someone else was in the room, she stopped and turned around, making eye contact with me.

And for the first time, I felt shy.

My knees grew weak, my heart beat faster, my face grew hot. And I felt an unusual sensation in my stomach.

She came up to me and I could've sworn that everything was in slow motion. She asked me something but i was too distracted by her mesmerising eyes that i felt that i could just dive right into.

So, she asked again,

"What are you doing here?"

Finally snapping back to reality, I gulped and tried to choke out something.

"I...uh...I came here for painting lessons"

She slowly nodded her head and directed me to a seat with an empty canvas in front of it.

She started teaching me the different strokes and techniques, I could hardly pay attention as I was more into admiring her.

The close proximity between us was another issue.

She'd hold my hand to guide me and the skin on skin intimacy made me melt into her gentle touch. I could also catch a whiff of her scent and i wanted nothing more but to encapsulate it and keep it with me at all times. And her voice had sealed the deal of putting me under her spell.

This was way too dangerous for my heart, it felt like it would explode at any moment.

By the time the session was over, I was very certain that I am now one of those fools who'd fallen in love.