I tapped my chin in slight thought. "When I was trying to find Nix, I stumbled upon a strange meadow. It was really pretty, and it had really pretty flowers. The flowers, however, were all red. Every single last one of those flowers were red."

"Maybe they all were the same type of flower," he suggested.

I shook my head. "No...not all of them were the same species. I promise you that I saw a red marigold."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Hmm...that is a little strange. Then what about the singing? Do you know who it was?"

"No, but the song itself was very strange. Whoever they were were singing the song in Latin. But then...I could understand and sing the lyrics too, but the lyrics were in English for me!" I said, astonished with my memories of the moment.

"Could you sing it for me?" Leo asked.

I nodded slightly and closed my eyes to concentrate. "Life around us, life before us, life and nature come as one. Darkness cannot conquer us, not since she was born. Fight! Fight and save us all! She! The miracle child! Born to save us all..."

I glanced up to look at Leo's face. He seemed to be troubled by something, but he smiled and the emotion vanished away. He leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips.

"You have a beautiful singing voice, my love," he whispered in my ear, kissing my cheek before wrapping his arms around me.

We eventually fell asleep, wrapped in each other's embrace.

~~~~

I woke up during the middle of the night, a strange aura flowed around in the air. It was strangely similar to the feeling that I had experienced back at the red flowered meadow. Glancing towards my right, I smiled at how adorable Leo was when he slept with a pout on his face. His hair was ruffled towards the front, and his arms were wrapped tightly around me, keeping me in a very close embrace with him.

Then I heard it. The singing. It was the same singing that I had heard yesterday, but it was slightly different this time. There was only one person singing the song, a female. I had to find out who it was, but first, I needed to figure out how to get out of Leo's hold. It wasn't hard to think of something because I knew that Leo had one little weakness. He was extremely ticklish.

Biting my lip to keep from laughing aloud. I reached under Leo's arm and tickled his armpit, causing him to giggle like a girl and let me go. The best part was that he was still out cold.

I rolled out of bed and stood up, glancing down at Leo. He was whimpering in his sleep and patting my side of the bed, whimpering louder and louder the longer he couldn't find me. Shaking my head in amusement, I grabbed my pillow and set it down where I would normally sleep. Leo, being the hilarious idiot that he can be at times, grabbed my pillow(which did contain a lot of my scent)and tucked it into his chest. He even nuzzled it and purred into it, causing me to accidentally let out a snicker.

Sighing in relief that the noise did not wake him up, I quickly and quietly rushed out of my room. I could still hear the singing, and it sounded as if it was coming from my living room. I walked down the hallway and turned to the right, heading into my living room.

Sitting on the couch, singing as she removed her black hood, was none other than Dux. She looked up at me and smiled, patting the spot next to her.

"Come! Come and sit down, young one," she chanted, her eyes glowing silver in the darkness.

I nodded nervously and sat down next to her, listening to her sing the last verse of the song.

After she finished the song, she smiled down at me. "Hello, Destiny. How have you faired as of late?"

I cleared my throat. "I'm fine, Ms. Dux."

"Oh, just call me Dux. We will be seeing one another for quite a while," she insisted.

I nodded. "Very well. Erm...I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?"

"Oh! I wanted to know if you have received all of our clues! I know that you heard the song. After all, you needed to learn your own song. But what about the red and nature?" she asked.

"Yes, I have felt the strange connections with nature. I've also received your red butterfly patterns and such," I said, but I became confused when Dux giggled behind her hand.

"Did I say something funny?" I asked.

Dux removed her hand and smiled at me, clearly amused about something. "Are you serious? Do you actually think that those red pictures we printed upon your everyday items are butterflies?"

"They are...aren't they?" I asked, becoming very confused now.

She shook her head. "No, no my dear. Those weren't butterflies at all."

My eyebrows furrowed in total confusion. "Then what are they?"

Dux's face became more serious. "Look closely at them the next time you glance at your cups and cover. You will not see butterflies, but angel wings. And Destiny...these angel wings will become very important in your life to come."

A/N Hey guys! I hoped you liked it! And angel wings? Hmm...wonder what that could be for?

Shout-outs to: PTX-FOB_lover2014 and nadiafarjana for commenting on last chapter!

Please:

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Spread the story! :3