The Hunt.

Chapter Seven

I quickly dismounted Aramis' horse rushing into the sleeping courters and into my room. I shut the door, sliding a large wardrobe across the door frame blocking myself within the confinements on my room. I started to pace across the wooden boards allowing my thoughts to consume my mind. I was snapped out of my thoughts through a loud bang erupting from the other side of the door.

"Rose! Open the door."

"Leave me alone!" I shouted.

"Open the bloody door or we're comin' in!" I shook my head in protest.

The banging grew louder as I turned away, walking over to the window looking out at the courtyard of the camp. Pieces of wood burst through the room as the wardrobe slammed to the floor, but I remained frozen within my spot. I heard footsteps approach me as a hand was placed upon my shoulder. I swiftly turned around bringing my dagger up to the person's throat.

"Rose. It is us. You must be calm. Lower the dagger." Athos stated from behind Aramis who stood in front of me with my dagger to his throat.

"No! Do not tell me what I need or needn't do! Get away from me! All of you!" I relaxed my hand and shoved Aramis towards Athos and Porthos who looked at me with worried eyes. I slide my dagger back behind me and looked back at all three men.

I started to walk away when I was grabbed around the waist and hauled back into the room. I kicked and screamed at Porthos, throwing insults towards him as he lifted me over his shoulder and back into the room. I ignored the pain that grew from within the confinements of my corset, I continued the thrash.

"Enough of this foolishness! You will remain here and tell us what in God's name was that!" Athos yelled towards me. I went limp in Porthos arms as he sat me down slowly. I walked back over to the window looking out at the beauty of Paris. Or so I had thought. Paris seemed to be turning into an ever growing darkness that was beginning to haunt me. The one person I had managed to escape was not only the general of the red guards... but the man I was to be wed off too.

"You saw something when we walked past that room Rose. What was it that frightened you?" Aramis asked stepping forward, approaching me with caution. I flinched as he brought up the memory. I stepped away, trying to maintain my distance between them.

"I was not frightened!" I raised my voice towards Aramis. "You have me mistaken... You must leave.... No, better that I take my leave instead. I must go. Good day gentlemen." I hurriedly stated, trying once more to leave before Porthos caught on and dragged me back yet again.

"You will not leave this room until we know what happened after that trial. You are clearly distraught about something that occurred. What is it?" Athos pressed. I shook my head in response enclosing my arms around myself.

"Please...Please leave me." My voice broke as I turned my back upon them.

"You can trust us." Porthos replied from behind me. I shook my head once more.

"No... give me time. Just a day... please... I need time." I said quietly. I heard the footsteps fade and the door slowly close behind me. I sighed in relief finally alone only to see Aramis still in the room.

"What? It is my room as well." He smirked. I rolled my eyes turning back to the window getting lost in thought.

"I need a drink." I muttered to myself. Aramis laughed and walked towards the wardrobe that lay on the floor.

"Then we shall drink!" Aramis opened a draw from within the confinements of the wooden piece, pulling out a large bottle that laid unbroken. He walked over towards me, popping off the cork as he went and I quickly grabbed the bottle from his hands taking a long swig. I wiped the foam away with the back of my hand. Aramis stood silently beside me as we passed the bottle between us each taking a swig. By the time the bottle was finished the light had faded from the sky and the lamps around the camp were lit.