Chapter 2: Does He Ever Stop Talking?

After class, I decided to check out my locker. My backpack was seriously heavy, and I was itching to put some of it away. It took me a bit, but I finally found it. I fiddled with the lock for a few minutes, and it popped open. I started stuffing some notebooks and pencils into it, and I was almost ready to leave, when-

"Hey there!" Somebody with a Swedish accent said.

"Ahhhh!" I yelped, dropping all my books on the white tile. Oh. It's that blond boy that sat in front of me in class...God, he almost gave me a fucking heart attack...

"Oh gosh! I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to scare you!" He reached down and started helping me pick up some of my things. He stopped when he touched a certain book. My favorite romance novel. He got off his knees and started looking at the back. "Oh...so you like these, huh?" My heart dropped.

"Oh...uhh...How did that get in there?" I said, trying to snatch my book back. He ignored me. "Hey, this looks pretty good. Mind if I borrow it sometime?"

What did he just say? He wants to borrow it? Why? Most boys would have insulted me by now...

"What?" I said aloud, shocked. He's got to be pulling my leg.

"I'm wondering, if I can borrow this book. I've never read it before." The boy said.  Well no shit. Most boys would never think twice about reading a 'girls book'.

I thought he was joking. "Sure, whatever." I grumbled, snatching my book back. The boy remembered about my books and he bent down to help me again. 

"Oh! I almost forgot! I came over to introduce myself. My name is Felix." He stuck out his large hand.

I hesitated, but shook it anyways. "I really like you're mask." Felix said grinning. Was he actually complimenting me? This guy kinda bothered me...I turned my attention back to my locker and finished shoving the rest of all my unwanted junk into it. I was just about to walk off when Felix asked, "Hey, want to sit by me at lunch?" Who the hell does this guy think he is? I don't even know him! Why would he want to sit by the new guy? Maybe he just wanted to make fun of me...

"Sure, whatever." I said, walking away.

Four introductions later, I finally got to go to lunch. I got into a line to get my food, and then sat down at a table by myself. I was just chewing my salad when Felix popped up out of nowhere.

"Hey Ryan!"

He in fact scared me so much, I started choking on a cucumber.

"Oops...sorry..." He repeated. Why does he keep doing this to me?!

He sat down right across from me, and started eating a hot dog. 

"Heefff.. canf I see youf skedual?" Man, when does this guy ever stop talking? He doesn't even stop when he's eating! I handed him my file and he skimmed over it. "Sweet! we have the next two classes together." He said between bites. I looked at him, puzzled. Why is he still talking to me? I wish he would just go away.

"We have a Virtual class together, and Cooking." 

"A Virtual class? What's that?" I didn't really want to talk to him, but I was just curious...

"Oh man, it's great. That class is my favorite. We get to put on game helmets, and it like- connects to your brain or something like that. I was never too good in understanding technology...The principle is a scientist, he is the one who designed the whole school." Hey, that actually sounded pretty interesting. I nodded, and continued slipping food through my mask. (which isn't as easy as it sounds) After lunch, Felix lead me to our Virtual class.

Felix turned the handle on the door and walked inside. There were only ten kids in this class, instead of the usual twenty. Everyone was only wearing socks, and standing on a blue mat. It was practically the only bright thing in the whole room. The ceiling, the walls, and the floor were all white. I followed Felix, who was standing by a white rack. Kids had to hang up their bags on the hooks, and place their shoes on a shelf. I joined Felix on the mat, along with the other students. What the hell was all of this?