❤CHAPTER TWENTY_FOUR❤

LAURETTA POV❤

"So what happened over there?" Dami asked, giving me a weird look.

"What do you mean?" I eyed her.

"You and James a….."

"Can you guys give me a minute, I've got something to do, I'll see you in the room" I interrupted, giving them a fake smile.

"Sure" They murmured and left me.

I spotted Andrew and Zainab sitting on the dry grass at the back of the boys' hostel.  Proceeded to meet them but was held back as I heard my name.

"Yo Lauretta" He loudly called my name.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"Umm, where are you going?" He asked.

"For your information, I'm going to make amends with my best friend," I said and made a move to leave but he held my hand.

"What James" I growled.

"Umm… I don't know if you can help me, I wanna try one last time in talking to Andrew" He caressed the back of his neck.

"So what do you want me to do?" I asked.

"Umm, I don't know, forgive Andrew" He shrugged.

"Well, I was thinking about fixing things with Andrew though."

"Oh cool," He muttered. "Soo, let's go," He said.

We moved towards the laughing couple, on sighting us, Zainab frowned.

"What do you want now?" She eyed me.

"Heyy beesttie" I dragged nervously.

"Hmph."

"I'm sorry Zain, I was so annoyed, I shouldn't have hit you, I'm not your mom to choose your boo" I bent my head low.

"Thank God you know," She said.

"I'm sorry" I pleaded.

"It's okay" She smiled and held my hands. "I forgive you, and I'm sorry for my outburst too, it was uncalled for" She smiled.

"I love the outburst, no one has ever spoken to me like that, and I'm happy my bestie for the first time, stood up for herself" I squeezed her hand a little.

"I never imagined the day I would get into a fight with my bestie" She Chuckled. "Ever since the incident, I wasn't at rest, I've gotten so many wishes and none of those wishes says break up with your bestie," She said, I didn't know when a teardrop slid through my cheek.

"I'm sorry" I apologized.

"I'm sorry too, I love you bestie."

"I love you too" I replied and drew her closer for a hug.

We were so lost in the hug that the guys had to clear their throats to find us.

"Umm Andrew" I called, freeing myself from Zainab.

"Look, I'm sorry" He spoke before I could say something else.

"I'm sorry too, I should have believed you, I was just so angry." 

"Yeah, I understand, I shouldn't have even done it in the first place" He bent his head low

"It wasn't your fault, you didn't know, I'm sorry for misunderstanding" I held his hand.

"It's okay, so friends?"

"Friends" I chuckled.

"Ahem, seems like I'm forgotten here" James suddenly said.