Chapter Thirty Nine

Start from the beginning

"Belle, meet Hatice Handan Sultan, Mehmed's mother and the main women of the Sultan." Nick said and I smiled at the women but my thoughts were stuck on Nick's words. Main women? How many wives does the Sultan have? 

"And Valide, meet my wife, Arabelle Ivanov." He said proudly, smiling at me. 

Mehmed's mother embraced me into her arms carefully. 

"At some point, I thought he'll never get married but oh my look at you. Bu ne güzel." She said adding some Turkish words that I didn't understand, of course. "You are so beautiful."

"Thank you er. . . eh. . Your highness?" I said in concussion since I didn't know how to address her. 

She laughed and waved it off. "You can call me Valide like Niko and Mehmed."

"Alright, Valide." I said, trying to copy her. Valide

"It means mother." Mehmed whispered into my ears and I nodded with an oh. 

We were escorted inside and I realized the outside was nothing compared to inside. İt was straight out of a fairy tale. The long hallways and corridors, beautiful painted walls, vintage furniture and all of it, everything there screamed bloody money. Words can describe how beautiful Topkapı palace was. 

We were given the biggest chamber with a balcony attached. The view from the balcony was more breathtaking. 

We took bath and had some Turkish delights before he went out to talk with Mehmed about some matter while I decided to walk around the palace. 

Mehmed's mother sent a girl to accompany me and take care of my needs. Isn't she kind and sweet? I already feel like a princess. 

Her name is Aslı and she's 22, about the same age as me, and has been working for the Royal family since forever.

We were chatting happily and walking towards the garden when I bumped into someone. 

"Ouch." I cried out, holding my belly. 

"I'm so sorry I. . . I didn't see you. I'm really sorry." She quickly apologized as she helped me balance myself. 

"It's ok. I'm fine." I replied as I looked up to see a beautiful young lady with icy blue eyes. I didn't know such beauty even existed. I'm so jealous. 

"Are you Nikolai Ivanov's wife?" She asked me with a polite smile as she forwarded her hand and I shook it. Don't tell me she's also one of Nick's fling. 

"Yes," I replied. "And who might you be?"

"She is Halime Hatun." Aslı quickly replied. "The bride of our Şehzade."

"Oh," I replied. "I thought Mehmed was marrying an Italian woman named Andria?"

That woman chuckled. "Yes, that's me."

"I was Andria but after I converted to Islam and changed my name to Halime." She replied, easing my confusion. 

"Oh, It's really nice to meet you. I've heard a lot of praises about your beauty and I must say you're more beautiful then I imagined."

"Please don't flatter me." She chuckled. "I have also heard a lot about you from Mehmed."

"The woman who tamed the almighty Russian Don."

She turned out to be a really funny person and I really enjoyed spending time with her. 

Soon, we were called for dinner with the whole Royal Family and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. 

Nick immediately came to my side as soon as he saw me enter the hall. He helped me sit down before taking his seat beside me while Halime sat beside Mehmed. There were many people sitting there who were looking at me in a weird way. Gosh I hate this. 

"Belle, meet my sisters, Zehra, Hatice, Şah and Gevherhan Sultan." Mehmed introduced me to the two women who were sitting towards the end of the table with a bunch of other women. I nodded with a smile which only Hatice returned while the other's ignored. Wow, rude. 

"And that is my brother, Şehzade Mustafa." He pointed at a young man who was sitting 2 seats away from him. 

"It's nice to meet you, Belle?" Mustafa said and I nodded. "I heard a lot about you from my brother. You are definitely more beautiful than I actually thought."

I just gave an awkward smile. The way he looks at me creeps me out. 

"Mustafa." Mehmed said in a warning tone to which his brother replied with a playful smirk. 

"Yes, she is Mustafa," Nick replied with a hint of possessiveness in his tone. 

The tension in the room was so thin we could cut it with a knife.

Someone shouted something in Turkish and everyone immediately stood up. I also stood up since I had no idea what on earth was going on. 

Mehmed's mother walked in with some maids following her. She looks magnificent in her Royal dress and a beautiful headpiece worthy of a queen. 

She sat down at the head of the table and motioned us to sit and we sat down. Soon the food was laid out and everyone started while having a small chit chat. 

I poked Nick's arm and he turned towards me before leaning in. "What's wrong Belle? Do you not like the food?" He asked. 

"No Nick. It's perfect. I love it." I replied. "It's just that I had some questions."

"Ok. Shoot." 

"Who's that woman sitting in between Hatice and Zehra?" I asked, trying my best not to mess up with their name. 

"She's also one of the Sultan's women. Her name is Gül Çiçek Kadın." Nick replied. "She's the mother of Zehra and Şah."

"And the other woman next to Gevherhan is another of the Sultan's women except she ranks higher than other women but below Mehmed's mother, since she's also a mother of a prince." Nick explained. "Her name is Gülbahar Kadın, she's the mother of Gevherhan and Mustafa."

"Ok that's just. . . That's just so messed up." I replied. "What do you mean by ‘His women’? Aren't they his wives? And why does he have this many women?"

"I'll explain to you later when we're alone." He whispered to which I nodded and he sat back straight on his seat. 

"Belle dear, don't you like the food? You have barely eaten anything. Do you want me to get something else for you? Perhaps soup or something?" Mehmed's mother said in a gentle tone. 

"Oh no, it's nothing Valide." I replied. "I really love the food. It's just that I'm not that hungry right now." 

She nodded and smiled at me before going back to talking with Halime. Everyone was peacefully having their good when somebody yelled in Turkish but this time only some people stood up but since Nick didn't stand up I also didn't bother to anyway. 

That's when 3 girls entered following an elderly woman. Who would have thought they were going to turn the peaceful dinner into a battlefield soon. 
   _____________________________________
A/n : I'm so sorry for updating after a long time. I'll try my best to finish this story ASAP.
And also, I just realized how cringe this book is so I'll finish it soon and take it down. Sorry.