Chapter Thirty Seven

A R A B E L L E

It felt too nice and light to be real.

My whole body felt so. . . . so, lifeless? Was I dead? We'll I don't think so because I was damn sure I could hear Nick and Louisa arguing.

Will they ever stop fighting over every single thing? But again, who am I kidding. One is a chatterbox who doesn't like being under someone while the other is a hot tempered guy who likes being the ‘I'm the boss, you fucking listen to me, ’ type of a guy.

I'm sure if they stopped arguing for once and have a decent chat they'll be great besties.

Tired of their argument, I groaned and open my eyes when Louisa let out a big gasp like as if she was seeing a ghost and I mentally rolled my eyes at her.

"YOU'RE FUCKING ALIVE. JESUS CHRIST." She yelled on top of her lungs almost jumping on me when Nick slightly pushed her back and grabbed my hands making Louisa glare at him.

Gino placed a hand on Lou shoulder and she groaned but nonetheless nodded and took a step back glaring at Nick.

"Belle." He whispered. "I. . . . I nearly thought I lost you. I was going fucking insane. I fucking love you. I love you." He said before pressing his lips on my forehead.

"I love you too." I whispered. "I love you."

I love him.

Yes. I fucking do.

"Nick." I whispered. "Did we. . . . did I. . . "

He shook his head. "He is a fighter, Belle. Just like his mother."

So it's a he.

I felt the sudden urge to cry and I did. I burst into tears. Tears of happiness, frustration, stress, sadness.

Happy that the baby is fine, frustrated because of how ugly my life is, stress for what is about to happen next and sad that our baby and Nick had to endure everything with me because of my ill fate.

"I'm tired Nick." I sobbed bitterly, clinging on to his arm. "I'm tired of my life. What did I do to deserve this?"

"Shhh Belle." He pressed my head to his chest. "It's ok. It's fine. I'm here with you."

"I can't anymore. I fucking can't."

"Please." He pulled my body closer to his before placing a light kiss on my head. "Please don't say that. You are doing great. Stay strong, for us, for our baby." He whispered.

"Every single time when I think that it's over, it comes back twice worse. I don't want to be me anymore." I said.

I'm tired of everyone and everyone is tired of me. No doubt.

"Take me away Nick." I whispered, as he stroke my cheek with his thumb. "Far away where no one knows me. Where I don't have to be Arabelle or Rosabelle."

"Then be my Melania. Let's move far away from here where you can be my Melania like when we were kids." He said and I look up at him to see whether he was serious or not.

He was dead serious.

I smiled at him and nodded. "Yes."

                  T h i r d   p e r s o n

"Is she still alive." The man infront of me asked and I nodded. Benjamin Wilson, the greedy old bastard who killed his own brother for money.

"Yes."

"Have she found out about who she really is?" He asked again and I nodded again.

"Yes Sir."

He stood up from his seat with a glass of whisky in his hand and a cigarette between his fingers. He turned his back towards me, facing the painting of a buttery in the wall.

"How did she found out?" He asked.

"That lawyer told her." I said and he nodded before taking a sip from his glass.

"Does she suspect you." He asked and I smirked.

"Of course not. That girl is a fool. She doesn't know who is her friend and who is her enemy." I replied and he let out a chuckle.

After a long pause he spoke, "Kill her and the son of that bastard growing inside her." And my breath got hitched.

"Make it seem like an accident but do give her a terrible death." He went on. "Nikolai Ivanov, you messed with the wrong person."

"Heard they are going to move away from here next week." I said and he turned his head towards me with his eyebrows raised.

"I heard them." I said. "But the lawyer will continue with the case. So, let's first finish the lawyer." I suggested.

"No." He replied. "If we kill the lawyer first, the prime suspect will be me and Ivanov won't hesitate to put a bullet in my head this time." Smart man.

"Then what will we do?" I asked, walking towards him.

"Kill that little bitch first." He replied. "If she dies, all her property will eventually become mine and Nikolai won't be able to take it from me."

"But he's her husband."

"And I'm her uncle." He smirked.

He placed his glass on the table before taking a puff of his cigarette. "If possible, kill Nikolai too along with her. But either way I want her dead. She should not live."

I nodded.

        _______________________________

Hey guys!!
So sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.