The Second Stage

💫 Have a good read 💫

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Why are you looking at me like that. Nagpur jake Vithhal Mane ko bhul gaye kya? (Have you forgotten Vithhal Mane after going to Nagpur?)" Vithhal said and laughed

Anger surged onto Sai's face. One of the reason for her father's death was yet again standing in front of her with same cunning smile. She wanted to give that man with some cruelest punishment even given to anyone. She once again felt the same helplessness that she wasn't able to save her father from that evil creature. While Virat felt much more helplessness along with guilt. But at the same time his care for Sai was over powering his anger. He was much more concerned about Sai's safety than any other thing.

"It will be better for you to leave immediately" Virat warned

"This area is mine. I rule here. I can go wherever I want" Vithhal declared

"You. . ." Sai angrily shouted while Virat gestured from his eyes not to reply back to him as he thought it will unnecessarily stretch the conversation and Vithhal will take it as an opportunity to trigger her.

"Leave!!!" Virat threatingly said

"Keep your voice down. You are not an ACP of this area now" he mocked

"But you are still a criminal" Virat harshly said. Virat was trying his best to hold back his anger to burst out. It wasn't because he was afraid of those coward goons but he didn't want Sai to get affected by any ugly fights.

"Kya re? Idhar to bahut mana kar rahi thi udhar jake ise ke sath rehne lagi (you were denying here but it looks like you are living with him)" he said to Sai "what do they call it?" He asked to his bootlickers

"Live-in Bhau" His supporters cheered and laughed together. Virat once again warned him to get out of his sight.

"Kamal will be sad" Vithhal continued

"Don't you dare to take my father's name from your dirty mouth" Sai angrily shouted

"Why are you getting angry? I am just saying that if he was alive he might have died by heart attack after knowing that his topper daughter is now living with his student without marriage." he chuckled and laughed which outbursted Virat's anger. He went ahead to give a tight smack on Vitthal's face which made him to fall on the ground. That punch was loaded with all the anger that he was holding within him for long. Blood pumped out of Vithhal's nose signalling that his nose bone might have broken into peices.

"Take your boss to some good hospital fast otherwise he might have to loose his porky nose. And yes, make sure that hospital isn't in Gadchirol. Warna log kahenge bhau apne area me hi peet gaye (People will say 'Vitthal Mane got beaten up in his own area by someone who is not even an ACP)" Virat teased in a stern voice

"YOU?????? You have raise your hand on Vithhal Mane for this orphan girl. Who is she to you? Don't you love your life" Vithhal groaned while his supporters help him to get up

"I don't need to tell you who she is to me!!. Don't you dare to even look at her" Virat heroically warned

"Start counting your days" he warned while giving  blusterous look to Vithhal.

They all immediately left with their injured pride.

"Let's go" he gently held Sai's hand and walked ahead. She was overwhelmed by witnessing his heroic side. Though he had always been there to escort her when she was kidnapped but probably for the first time she could experience his genuine care for her. The fear that she was feeling before coming to Gadchiroli was nowhere there now. She was feeling safe in his presence.

She didn't took off her hand and kept walking, Unconsciously matching to his steps. For the first time in all this while she felt her heart at ease. Was it because he was holding her hand with so much warmth?

"He will be back again to trouble others" Sai uttered

"Not this time! I have already collected enough proofs against him. This time even higher authorities cannot save him" Virat declared

"Kya? Why are you looking at me like that now? You thought I have forgotten about him after leaving Gadchiroli? He too was responsible in killing my Guru my Kamal Sir. I am not the one to let go of him that easily. He had to suffer for his wrong doings" Virat determinedly said

"Thank you Virat sir" Sai politely said

"Why are you thanking me? It's a part of my duty. Even though everyone said that it wasn't my mistake but I know my truth. I am also responsible for his death. He asked me to let him accompany for the mission as his 'Guru Dakhshina'. You know he always used to say 'Duty and emotions are two different things. It shouldn't be mixed'. And I did the same. I let my emotions to overpower my decisions. I knew he was unfit still I allowed him. I was leading that mission it was my responsibility to protect each of my soldier but I failed do to that. He died to save my life. It should be me at his place. It was all justified for you to blame me" he said. There was long hidden pain in his voice. He could see every moment in front of his eyes while talking about that last conversation that he had with his guru, his Kamal Sir.

"But I have forgiven you long back. It's time for you to forgive yourself. You aren't at fault sir. I know you might have done everything to save him. But it had to happen so it did." Sai said. It was surprising for him to hear Sai talking so maturely about the incident that has completely changed her life. Sai could feel his emotions, the regret in his eyes that he couldn't save him. She could see that he was still suffering because of that incident.

"You might have faced the same trauma that I did. On top of that you had to bear hatred of your guru's daughter who died saving you. You were also in agony and my words must have hurt you even more. It might be very difficult for you too. It took me a lot of time to understand your situation. But thankfully I did. So please forgive yourself now and let go of the burden that you have been carrying for so long. It was god's will. There was nothing in our hands" she said while softly touching his arms. He passionately looked at her with his wet eyes. She smiled at him to assure that she had no hard feelings left for him.

"You are exactly like your father;  brave and fearless. Just like him you too are compassionate about other's feelings. Don't ever change Sai" he said with a slight smile.

Even though it was just them conversing to each other. But that was much needed heart to heart unsaid feelings.

In the midst of those deep feelings, something unknowingly laid its foundation between the two of them during that walk – Trust. Which is very important to lay a strong foundation in any relationship. She trusted him with her feelings whereas he always trusted her but this time he trusted her with his hidden inner emotions.

-----------------☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆---------------

Thank you for Reading🙏

Do share your views on this one

Hope you understood what that second stage was?!

Next- Under the Stars