In the dead of night.

Start from the beginning

They refused to cooperate with any of the technician's whenever they needed a check up, unless you were in the room where they could see you.

Anytime you didn't show up for work, or ran late Sunrise would be more harsh and sharp with the worker who took your place.

"Sundrop you have to clean these building blocks."

"You can take those blocks and shove them up your ***** Sideways!"

"Moondrop, come down from there! We have work to do!"

"Go and **** yourself!"

The two of them had filters, but it was obvious that what they truly meant to say wasn't.. Kid friendly.

Moondrop would be worse, however. He'd lash out at any of your coworkers, threatening them and refusing to come down from the ceiling.

But, as soon as you'd walk into the daycare, they would cling to you. Pulling you into their arms and not letting you go for quite some time.

Parents could be a pain. Sunrise hated it when any of them would try and get touchy with you, it didn't matter if it was platonic or not. He'd pull you away from them, claiming there was a mess to be taken care of.

When there was not.

Today, there was a small party in the daycare. One of the kids was celebrating a birthday party, which meant cake. Which meant a big mess.

Luckily, they all had cupcakes instead, but that didn't stop icing and sprinkles from getting every where. You were quick to wipe away anything that fell onto the floors, trying to keep Sunrise as calm and as happy as possible.

He had been acting a bit.. Off lately. And you didn't want him to get more stressed than he already was with the eight kids all hyper on sugar.

A few parents lingered around the play area, speaking amongst themselves or helping the birthday girl open her presents.

You made sure to carry a plastic bag with you to pick up all the wrapping paper and ribbons.

After a long four hours of birthday songs, screaming and cheering. You were tired, tried from being on your feet all day, trying to keep the place as clean as you could.

Sunrise seemed, tired too. Well he didn't need to sleep, but his movements didn't seem as jittery as he usually was. The sound of his bells jingling as the two of you cleaned up any wrapping paper that was left behind.

You had been wiping down your desk with a clean rag, removing all the germs from today and grime from sticky hands, when you heard the daycare doors open.

It was one of the parents from the party before, he looked from left and right until his eyes landed on you. He smiled and approached you after shutting the doors behind him.

"Can I help you with something? You know the daycare is closed right?" You ask him, crossing your arms. You hadn't gotten the chance to lock the doors yet...

"Yeah I know.. Look, I'll just cut to the chase, my daughter left her toy behind? And I was hoping you'd seen it? Or maybe that.. Clown thing has seen it?" He says, his brown eyes looked to the right, as if.. Seeing if the Sun themed jester was around.

You felt.. Off around him. He just gave you an odd feeling.. He was the man who had been staring at you throughout the party.. You didn't really care at first, but he just kept looking at you.

Like he had been undressing you with his eyes. You raised your arms slightly higher in an effort to cover yourself even more.

"I can check the lost and found, mind telling me what kind of toy it is?" You ask, taking a step back away from him.