Jungkook felt a combination of pride and uneasiness at being addressed by the title his friend formally held. "Hyung, you don't have to call me that," he said softly.

Jimin smiled, his eyes barely showing over his cheeks. "Listen, Kook, you may be our little brother, but you are our Alpha now, and you are worthy of all the respect that comes with the title. You've earned it."

Jungkook always felt a bit shy when being praised by these two. They meant the world to him, both as friends and as packmates. "Thanks. So I thought of going on a run to clear off some steam. You guys want to come?"

Jungkook wasn't sure if the exhausted werewolves would want to join him, but he wanted to offer anyway.

"If it's okay, I really just want to crash for a few hours," said Jimin. "I'm so tired I don't even think this caffeine will keep me awake."

Hoseok chuckled and nodded. "I'm with you. But, hey, Kook, take Jaci with you. I don't think she's been on a run before as a full-fledged wolf."

The way Hoseok winked and wiggled his eyebrows made Jungkook laugh in embarrassment.

"Yeah, yeah. She already said she'd come. Just waiting for her to get done checking on Sunny."

"Sunny's alive?" Hoseok's mouth hung open, and he looked at Jungkook wide-eyed.

"Yeah, she woke up this morning. I guess whatever Zephyr shoved down her throat helped. I'm glad too. I didn't want to pull Taehyung off the ledge again."

"Again? Did something happen?" asked Jimin, his face showing worry.

Jungkook leaned back against the counter and shoved his hands back into his pockets. "He was falling apart. It's one thing not to know what you're missing out on, and then to finally have it and at risk of losing it forever."

Hoseok nodded, his mouth in a tight, thin line. "I know exactly how that feels," he muttered.

Jungkook sighed. "Yeah. I was able to calm him down, and then I sent him back to Sunny's side. I haven't spoken to him yet, but I'm sure he was over the moon when she woke up."

"He's lucky," said Hoseok.

Jungkook and Jimin both sensed a hint of bitterness in Hoseok's tone. Jimin responded by standing up and groaning loudly. "I'm pretty sure there's a bed somewhere with our names on it, Hyung. Let's go find them before I collapse."

Hoseok stood up slowly, weariness hanging all over him. "Good idea. See you later, Alpha," he said, bowing his head and winking at Jungkook.

Jungkook snickered as the two left him alone once again. Perhaps it was time to check on Taehyung for himself.

***

"I'm so glad you're okay," said Jaci, tears of happiness flooding her brown eyes.

"Me too," said Sunny. She still felt weak and sleepy, but Zephyr said it would probably be a day or so before she was back to full strength. Finding oneself at death's door isn't something one recovers from quickly, he reminded them.

"She scared me to death," said Taehyung. He was still sitting on the bed, staying as close to Sunny as possible. It was as if he was afraid she would disappear if he left her side.

"Typical vampire. He's so dramatic," said Sunny, rolling her eyes but grinning at the same time.

Taehyung huffed and tried to pretend he was offended, but he couldn't. Nothing Sunny could ever say or do from now on would anger or irk him in any way.