Fleeing Phoenix Part 2

Start from the beginning

"What is your name, little phoenix?" He asked huskily, as though he were straining to speak.

I parted my mouth slowly, so enraptured by his eyes that I almost forgot my name. It would be the first time I spoke to him.

"Sage." My voice came out quietly, but he seemed to have heard me by the excited glint flashing in his eyes. His lips crashed down upon mine in a bruising kiss. He was taking what I hoped to be his someday; rather, I was giving what I wanted to be his. My lips chased his when the kiss was over. It was almost laughable how needy I was.

"Sage. What a gorgeous name. If I could stay in bed with you right now I most definitely would, but I have a few duties I have to attend to." My shoulders slumped in defeat. I didn't want him to leave me. I didn't want this fantasy to end.

"I.." I started but realized it wasn't my place to ask anything of him. I was just a small, minuscule part of his life that appeared out of nowhere.

His hand moved from my face to caress my cheek. Not once did he look away. "Speak, little one."

"Should I leave?"

"Only if that is what you desire. Although, I'd like it if you stayed with me. I would like to get to know you better." He stepped back and ran his long fingers through his hair. I immediately got distracted when I zeroed in on his hand. His hands were slender, void of any hair or blemishes. His veins were noticeable and his fingers were long and...capable. I groaned internally and shivered as my crotch began to ache again.

"Sage?"

"Hm?" I refocused on his eyes, willing my feathers to stop fluttering and my red cheeks to calm down.

"Did the guards hurt you yesterday?" Oh yeah. That happened. Slowly, I shook my head.

"I got away just in time." A sigh of relief left his lips. He stepped close to me again and gave my mouth a soft peck. I wanted more.

"Good. How about you stay here for the day. I will make sure no one bothers you. I will have someone bring you food, but they will keep their distance. Does that sound good?" I gave him a simple nod and then hesitantly reached forward, gripping his sides and pulling him to me. He placed both hands on either side of me on the bed so that he could keep his balance. I pressed my lips to his tenderly, whimpering at the contact. I couldn't get enough of his delicious lips.

A low groan rose from the depths of the king's throat as he took control of the kiss. Devouring my lips sweetly. I gasped when I felt one of his hands grasp the back of my neck, holding me firmly in place. He took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth, his dominance seeping into my skin with every fire burning touch. I just melted even further into the kiss, handing over complete control.

Soon, we were separating. Our eyes were dilated and our hearts racing. I could almost see my yearning reflecting in his eyes.

"I will be back as soon as I can, little bird. Rest." With one last peck on the lips, he walked away. I laid back down, shutting my eyes once more. He was still in the room getting dressed and ready, but I didn't want to stay up and watch him prepare himself to leave me.

After a short while, I faintly remembered feeling a kiss on my temple and hearing a door closing. I was back in the land of dreams not too long after.

"Sage! What on earth are you doing?!" My eyes cracked open just as a heavy hand began to shake me.

"Mayren?"

"No shit. What are you doing here!? In the castle?? Are you a hostage!? Your mother is worried!" My best friend spewed out frantically, waving his arms about.