chapter 14

recap

Al looked at me concerned his smile lessening and his ears dropping slightly.

Y/n's pov

"I'm sorry dear did I go to far?" He asked barely above a whisper.

I quickly I looked back at him cupping his face and kissing his face multiple times to make him feel better. He was even more confused so I pulled back chuckling.

"No, no, no, you did nothing wrong mi amor" I said looking in his eyes. " heard a noise and it sounded like a hurt animal."

"You know French?" Al asked me.

"Not fluently but I know a few words." I answered.

I gave him a soft smile as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into his lap. Rubbing his face in my chest I gently pet his hair. As I petted his hair I heard a swishing noise looking over his head I saw his coat moving by the ends. Lifting up the coat I noticed a little red and black deer tail I awed at it making Al look up at me confused. I reached down my fingers grazing his tail because I couldn't reach because of the height difference. Al tensed up yelping in surprise. Setting me down and standing up he quickly took a step back looking down in embarrassment.

"Please don't tough my tail it's very sensiti-" He couldn't finish his sentence because another distressed animal noise sounded through the forest.

I quickly stood up looking in the direction "Alright that's it I'm going to go and check out that noise."

Walking towards the noise Al was following me close behind his protective mode on. I walked into a thorn bush and saw the branches moving. Looking over I saw a doe by a tree with a tone of dog bits on it. I grumbled to my self about how they could at least use the meat. Looking back at the thorn bush I noticed a little smokey gray nose trying to et my shirt. I quickly jumped back in surprise hitting Al. He quickly pushed me behind him in a protective stance. A noise came from the bush again and I slowly came out from behind Al. Reaching out my hand to the bush the smokey like nose reappeared. I coaxed it out while Al was standing behind me prepared to kill anything to harm me. Finally the animal came out of the bush with tones of cuts and scrapes on it. Getting a better look at it I noticed it was a little fawn. I looked at Al smiling as he stared at the fawn with a hungry look. He walked closer to the fawn his claws and teeth sharpening. The fawn looked at him and quickly hid behind me as Al approached. I quickly realized what Al was doing HE WAS GOING TO EAT THE FAWN.

"NO AL!" I said in a stern tone I haven't used in a while.

Al looked at me shocked quickly turning back to normal.

"But my love it looks so good." He whined to me.

"I said no Alastor" I exclaimed in the same tone.

He quickly stopped and began to pout. He knew he made me angry because I never called him by his full name. I looked at him sighing before standing up and walking over to him the fawn following me. My guess was it imprinted on me because I was the first person the fawn saw when the doe died. Walking over to Al I hugged his waist pushing my head into his stomach. This caused him to laugh which made me happy.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you love." I apologized

He lifted up my head to look at him.

"and I'm sorry for trying to eat the fawn." He also apologized. " Now it's getting dark we should start heading back to the house.

"That sounds nice" I said yawning

He lifted me up wrapping my legs around his waist and placing his arms around my lower back to keep me up. He walked us back to the picnic area snapping his fingers causing everything to pack it's self up. Then It floated following us, I looked down and saw the fawn following close behind. My eyes began to close so I placed my head In the crook of Al's neck, slowly letting sleep take over me.