❥ 43. Verticordious

Start from the beginning

It was like the grown-up working adults all together turning into teenagers seeing a celebrity in front. Eyes wide in disbelief, high-pitched squeals, and crowding in need of some limelight.

"Ready to face your daily?" She mumbled to Ron who seemed to take a sigh and turn off whatever he was feeling, acting all charming and normal

Mahira awed his acting skills, seeing how well he handled all the attention thrown at him. She helped Geeta in serving, Mira who seemed to get back from whatever happened was busy with her jokes and chirpiness.

"Where is Mr. Hotshot?" Sakshi asked her, taking the casserole from her and passing it to Yusra.

"He had a situation to handle, so he left. He'll be back in a while" she lay between the teeth, Eyes darted to her for a second and back to the serving bowl.

"Poor guy!" Sakshi grimaced commenting and started carrying plates and passing them to Ayaan, Vishal, and Kabir who took the dining table seats. Mahira sighed as she bought it.

Now that she had started the façade, she'll have to pull it through the whole time. Smiling, reasoning, and acting like the past minutes never occurred.

She took a deep breath and started.

It was evening

It was evening.

She kept looking at the door, her hands and feet working without a stop so as her mind. She had set the place back, taking the charge alone of completing the task, refusing any help offered. Geeta had the rest of the day off, and Mira was persuaded to get a nap. Her guests were off to their destinations. Ron included.

The boy didn't eat more than a morsel, acting nonchalant but she had seen right through his façade, she had been emotionally fooling people, now when someone tries it, it was a little easy to point out for her.

Keeping the last throw pillow back in its place, she glanced at the clock, her head twitching with minimal ache, might be the fact she skipped her lunch, her lack of breakfast was long forgotten by now. She couldn't eat.
How could she? Knowing he was out there, somewhere angry out of his mind and starving.

She cared about him, deeply almost to the point she was uncaring towards herself.

But this worry was more than care, she was losing her patience every second of his absence. The yearning to see him infront of her eyes was so much that she kept dialing his phone, like a maniac, She kept calling him only to listen to his voicemail.

"He's not back yet."

A voice observed, Mahira didn't feel like looking back.

"It's all because of stupid me. I shouldn't have said it infront of them, making you plan all of this. I'm so sorry Mahi." Mira resented.

"Don't. It wasn't your fault" Mahira turned and crossed the distance between them, she cupped her face caringly "Stop thinking all of this. If you want to do something, think of places he could be. I would just drag him back here but I'm clueless." She tried smiling tightly.