Carnivals & Knights in Shining Armour

My date with Isaiah starts in approximately 2 hours. I'm actually pretty excited now that I think about it, I've decided to let go of my clearly fruitless crush on Jaden and maybe give Isaiah a chance.  

I already picked out my outfit for the date, it consisted of a blue and red flannel, my black skinny jeans, brown combat boots, a grey beanie, and my little tiki bracelet. I put on my makeup and added a few light curls to my hair then put on my clothes. As I looked at the clock I realized it was already 6:55 and Isaiah would be here any minute now. I grabbed my phone and ran down the stairs. As my foot touched the last step my doorbell rang.

"Bye mom, Isaiah is here", I called out.

"Ok honey, have fun, be safe, and I want you back by 11:30". 

I ran to the front door, looked at myself quickly, and took a deep breath before opening the front door.

"Hey, Haven...wow, you look great" Isaiah blushed.

"Haha, hey, thank you. You look good too", I smiled.

We just stood in the doorway awkwardly staring at each other before I broke the silence.

"Umm, are we gonna go or..."?

"Oh, yea of course"' he laughs nervously.

We make our way to his car and he opens the door for me. My brain can't help but flash to Jaden for a second. Would he open a car door for me, would he ever even ask me out? I quickly shake all thoughts of him out of my mind and get in the car smiling gratefully at Isaiah.

As he starts to drive us out of my driveway and onto the road the car fills with a slightly awkward, slightly comfortable silence until finally I come up with a good conversation starter.

"So where are we going"? I ask with a flirty smile.

He glances at me quickly and smirks before turning his eyes back to the road.

"I can't tell you, it's a surprise"' I pout and give him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Sorry babe, that pretty face of yours isn't gonna get you what you want this time", he flirts openly wih me.

I can't help but blush at his compliment but as I turn to look out my window at the passing scenery, after about 20 minutes I see that we're pulling up to a carnival a bit close to the edge of my town.

"Ooh, I love carnivals, please tell me that's where we're going", my eyes fill with excitement and a smile appears on his face.

"Yea, we're here...SURPRISE"' he laughs.

He parks, stops the car, and gets out, before I can open my door he's already doing it for me and once again I'm impressed by his chivalry. I can't hide my excitement and I'm walking fast and looking at everything.

"What ride should we go on first"? I ask.

"It's up to you", he replies.

I see that we're approaching bumper cars and I suggest we go on them and we do. As we wait in line I notice that Isaiah keeps glancing at his phone but I just brush it off. 

Once we reach the front of the line and get two cars we go off and I go all out bumping my car against Isaiah's and a bunch of strangers; just having the time of my life. Once our time is done and we leave, Isaiah says he needs to use the bathroom so we locate them and each go use our designated bathrooms.

After I come out I wait two minutes and realize Isaiah's taking a while in the bathroom, starting to get worried I head towards the boys' bathroom to call out his name. As I reach the door a hand covers my mouth and drags me behind the washrooms into a small parking lot I didn't know was there before. 

The hand uncovers my mouth and as I open my mouth to scream for help  a wet cloth is pushed into my mouth and as I start to feel myself slip into unconsciousness I think I hear what sounds like Jaden screaming my name.

As the darkness pulls me in deeper and deeper I dream of Jaden, my knight in shining armour fighting bad guys for me and taking me to safety.

If only dreams could be reality.

                                                                                         ~~~

When I wake up my eyes take a while to adjust to the darkness but when they do I don't recognize my surroundings at all, what I do recognize is the silhouette of a familiar body standing outside on what seems to be a balcony talking quietly on a phone.

A/N Ooh cliffhanger, I actually enjoyed writing this chapter; especially the end. Who do you think is on the balcony? What do you think happened? Thanks for commenting and voting.