She actually wanted to protect and shield him..........

It was clearly an impractical and naive way of thinking, yet in his reflection in the tea, he could see the corner of his mouth faintly curve upwards.

She wanted to protect him.

Like a heroine.

During the long silence, Tian Yao merely swirled his teacup, breaking up his reflection. He said: "The heart technique training will need to speed up these five remaining days."

Five days passed in the blink of an eye. Before midnight on the night of the full moon, Qing Qiu's demons were already hidden in the forest along the border.

Yan Hui looked at the bright full moon and then looked at Tian Yao. His forehead was covered in sweat and his lips were compressed to the point of turning purple. She had seen him before on full moon nights where he shook in pain, so she especially understood how hard it was for him to endure the pain right now.

"How about I cut some blood out for you right now?" asked Yan Hui. "It might help a little?"

Tian Yao glanced at Yan Hui. He saw her eyes shine in the moonlight, and her pink lips enticed him. In that body was blood that could remedy his pain and give him more power.......

Tian Yao looked again and closed his eyes. He took a moment to collect himself: "There can't be a scent of blood before entering San Chong Mountain to avoid being discovered."

"Then I'll lead you?"

Yan Hui extended her hand. Tian Yao was slightly stunned. He froze for quite awhile. Yan Hui grew impatient and grabbed his hand: "Before when I didn't let you touch me, you insisted on hugging and biting me. Now I'm letting you hold my hand, and you insist on delaying. I'm letting you hold it today because we're going to do important matters. Later on, you're going to have to rely on luck to get your dragon tendons." Yan Hui laced her fingers through his. Her voice was more serious than usual.

"If I can help you endure it, then just use me. From the beginning we've been dependent on each other."

That's right, from the beginning their fates were..........deeply intertwined.

"Yan Hui." Tian Yao's voice dropped. "I said before, I wondered what the present would be like now if you were the one I met 20 years ago."

Yan Hui was startled. She turned her head to look at him, feeling apprehensive. How was he going to confess to her in this situation? She silently looked on.

Tian Yao also turned his gaze: "You've been smart. You won't not understand what I mean." He paused to endure the pain he was feeling. "If you understand, then it shouldn't be like this. After all, I won't be like how I was 20 years ago........"

Yan Hui stared blankly at those words. How he was 20 years ago?

How he was?

He won't be sincere to a person like how he was 20 years ago?

Yan Hui stared at Tian Yao and frowned. As it turns out, from the beginning he was forceful. In spite of what she wanted, he brazenly followed her. He was always fair when she did what she wanted. Now that she was treating him a little better, he himself couldn't control his heart and was now hers, was that not it?

Yan Hui thought she had been wronged by this strange logic. Thus, she became a bit angry due to the circumstances: "I understand what you mean." She still grasped Tian Yao's hand and didn't let go. "But me treating you well is my own matter. You loosing your heart is your own matter. We mind our own matters. You have to put up with your own emotions. Don't blame it on me."