𝟿

♡︎♡︎♡︎

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Y/n's pov

            The next day I heard about an explosion. The news flood through the undercity like a plague. Everyone knew what went down there. Whoever was in that place during that time, hell or even was just passing through had to be dead, including Sevika It was like my whole world just crashed, burned to the ground in the matter of seconds. I passed out after hearing the news. Basically scared Babette to death. When I woke up she thought I finally died of an overdose.

             I..I got her killed. I could've stopped her, no I should've stopped her no matter what. Even if she ends up hating my guts for it, but I was stupid and felt like she would survive whatever traitorous plan Silco had her do. I mean it's Sevika she could overcome anything even if she came out covered in bruises and broken bones. It's my Sevika, she should've came back home to me why did this had to happen. It was hard going back to the brothel. Every time I heard footsteps outside my room I hoped it was her, I even hoped the small quiet ones were hers too. Working with clients became harder as well. I sometimes snapped at them or flinched away when trying to touch me. I want her touches. I don't want my memory of her touches become tainted by theirs. I want Sevika to come back to me.

         Three months have gone by. I knew that, because each day felt like hell. The drugs couldn't even help fill that whole in my chest. That's the thing about Grief, it eats away inside you and the only way to make it stop is by dying peacefully or live life with internal claw marks from it.

           I puffed the smoke out into the room then placed the cigarette back into my mouth. I rest my face against my hand while staring down at the ashtray on the table. The man beside me tried touching my thigh, but I move dit away from him.

            "I want to touch you please", he begged. "No, not in the mood", I replied. He grabbed my face making me look at him. "Well your not being paid to be in the mood now aren't you", he questioned. "Nor am I being paid enough to suck something smaller than my pinkie toe", I spat jerking my face out of his hand. "You bit-", he began sneering raising his fist about to punch me, but a vase came flying out of now where breaking across his face. I score back quickly out of shock. The man sat up pressing his hand against his face then removed it seeing blood on his hand. He looked to his right about to snap at the person, but stopped fear taking over his face. I looked over seeing it was Sevika, my Sevika. She stomped her way over towards the guy walking around the table to be able to get close. She grabbed him by the back of the collar lifting him up off the couch and tossed him aside. He crashed onto the ground then began suffering away from her.

              "Out", she snapped. The man didn't think twice before jumping to his feet and sprinting out of the room. I didn't bother looking at him just at her. A part of me was saying she wasn't real just a figment of my imagination. I got up off the couch causing Sevika to finally turn around to face me. She now had a small scar on her cheek. She was also wearing a huge cloak that covered the upper half of her body. She was about to say something, but I stopped her by shaking my head.

              "No you can't be real", I laughed shaking my head taking steps back. "Y/n", she said. "I must be high you died back in the explosion, I cried too much for you to just show up again", I chuckled. "Y/n lis-don't Y/n me", she tried saying, but I cut her off slamming my foot down. She lowered her arms.

                 "If you were alive why didn't..why didn't you come see me", I questioned stopping in between to stop a cry from coming up my throat. "You thought I would just forget about you", I whimpered out my eyes started tearing up a bit. "I had to, till everything blew over", she replied. "Of course you had to", I scoffed shaking my head and wiped my eyes. "And I was knocked out for half the time I was gone", she added. "Knocked out? What do you mean", I asked. She avoided eye contact with me while grabbing the huge cloak and ripped it off her shoulder tossing it aside. Her left arm was replaced by with an brownish gold mechanical arm. I stared at it in shock

                "What happened to your arm", I asked tears now flowing down my face. "The explosion it got blown off", she answered. "I had to under go surgery and get use to it", she added. "I should've stopped you Sevika I should've stopped you", I cried covering my face with my hands. "No you shouldn't have", she said walking closer to me. "You lost your damn arm Sevika", I snapped. "It was a cost to save the future of Zaun", she stated. I just shook my head refusing to look at her.  It was quiet for a moment, a heavy silence that would make anyone choke. It became more breathable when she started speaking.

                  "You know during the surgery I only thought of you", she admitted. "Every vein I felt connected to the machine, every burning pain I felt, everytime I felt the medicine soothe me to sleep I only thought of you", she explained. Sevika grabbed my chin gently sturning my head to face her. "It was like every time I took a breath I thought of you and only you", she finished. I searched her eyes for any sign of deception. She was actually pouring her heart out to me.

                 "It's like that saying you say Dumb Spiro Spehre", she said messing up the quote making me chuckle dryly. "Dum Spiro Spero", I sniffed. "You know what I meant", she said rolling her eyes. "I'm not good at this, but please let me come home", she asked. "I promised you I would", she added. I began ugly crying more making her release my chin.

                  "Why are you still crying", she asked a bit concerned. I waved my hand a bit. "It's happy tears", I sobbed trying to calm myself down. I finally did the heavy feeling in my chest now gone. "Just take me home Sevika", I sniffled grabbing her right hand. "Of course", she smiled.

                    "And I forgive you", I mumbled. I felt her hand squeeze mines slightly. She turned away from me. If I wasn't looking at her I would've missed the tears forming in her eye that she blinked away in a seconds. I leaned against her arm as we walked back to my home hand in hand.