𝗍 𝗁 𝗂 𝗋 𝗍 𝗒 - 𝗈 𝗇 𝖾

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗬-𝗢𝗡𝗘

❝ they don’t much matter if you ain’t with me ❞

•••

Sophie sat on the bench, watching as Jesse took face off. Shoving the Iceland player to the ice, the boy passed the puck to Averman who managed to get a good distance from the center line before he had another player crushing him into the wall. He had managed to pass the puck to Connie, the Ducks staying in possession of the puck.

Sophie watched anxiously as the Iceland players swarmed her teammates on the ice. Connie passed the puck to Kenny who passed it to Guy within seconds, successfully faking out the Iceland boys. Connie got the puck from Guy before scoring.

Sophie jumps around the bench area, Dean sweeping her up in a hug. It was now four to two but the Ducks were making a comeback. Dean set Sophie back on her feet after a moment, the two cheering for Connie again.

As Goldberg saves a shot, Sophie jumps up with the rest of the kids on the bench. She turned around to sneeze and when she turned back towards the game, Iceland had scored, making it five to two.

“Okay, how the hell did that happen in the span of me sneezing?” The girl asked Adam who stood on the other side of her.

“I have no idea,” Adam admitted. “However, your face when you turned back around was priceless.”

“Watch yourself, Banks,” Sophie joked before turning towards Charlie who was gathering everyone around for a game plan.

They all looked down at the little board that the boy held, confused on his idea. Sophie was beginning to understand as she nodded her head slowly.

“Charlie, what’re you trying to do here,” Averman asked. “This isn’t the NBA.”

“But it’s the perfect teamwork play,” Charlie defended, looking towards Sophie. “You in?”

“Hell yeah, I am!”

Dean, Dwayne, Sophie and Adam all switched out with whoever was on the ice, ready for probably the weirdest play they would ever use. Dean took the puck behind the Duck’s goal before sending it to Sophie who within seconds passed it to Adam. He got the puck to the center line before sending it to Dwayne who was right in front of him.

“Now Cowboy!” Charlie calls out from the bench.

Dwayne manages to hit the puck up into the air, calling out, “Alley-oop boys!”

The puck flies through the air, everyone in the stadium including both teams stopping to watch it. Sophie skates backwards slowly, keeping her eyes on the object as it moves closer to Iceland's goal. Her and Adam quickly skate to the goal, in case the puck needs assistance into the goal. Adam gets tripped, sliding into the goalie while the puck slides past the Iceland player’s legs.