𝗌 𝖾 𝗏 𝖾 𝗇 𝗍 𝖾 𝖾 𝗇

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

❝ history, front page story, guts and glory ❞

•••

The team followed Russ and Sophie out of the field area and down the streets of Los Angeles. Sophie and Charlie had met two of Russ friend's that morning and they were looking forward to meeting them again and seeing what they had to teach the team. Everyone seemed eager to witness what would happen once the group of them got to Russ' "boys".

When Russ took them to a basketball, Sophie smiled at the sight of the two boys she knew. Charlie and her walked up to the two of them giving them fistbumps and greeting them.

"Let's see if Sophie can remember your guy's names," Charlie teased, causing Russ and the two other boys to laugh.

"Okay, okay I got this. Um, you're um, James! Your name is James and how could I forget Victor?" Sophie struggled for a moment before snapping and remembering.

Victor gave Sophie a high five before they turned back to their friends. James and the rest of Russ' friends stared at Team USA with intimidating stares causing some of them to shift uncomfortably.

"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you've been choking big time," James said as he looked between the members in front of him.

"Your brother's got a big mouth," Jesse shot back as she glared at the brothers.

Sophie wore an amused look while the rest of her team looked completely and utterly nervous. Kenny elbowed the girl, mumbling something about them getting killed as he shrinks back slightly. After leaving the others in a long silence, James smiled.
"He does, doesn't he?"

Russ smiled cheekily at his brother before shrugging. Sophie heard Kenny and Goldberg let out sighs of relief causing her to bite back a chuckle.

"Soph and Russ thought it'd be a good idea to call you here and see what you got," James informed the team as they continued to stare at Russ and his friends.

"We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs," Russ continued.

"Okay wait. One of you got stopped for an autograph? Where was I?" Sophie looked between her friends.

Adam sheepishly held his hand up, not looking up from the ground. Dean also held his hand up with a large smile as he looked at Sophie.

"Sorry Soph. You were busy on set," Dean said as he shrugged his shoulders at the girl.

Sophie pouted and crossed her arms, looking away from the boy. Victor chuckled at her causing her to give him a mock glare.

"We can teach you to play like the real Team USA," James brought the conversation back on the proper topic.