𝗍 𝗐 𝖾 𝗇 𝗍 𝗒 - 𝖿 𝗂 𝗏 𝖾

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

❝ we ain’t come this far to lose ❞

•••

Sophie was hanging out in the lounge area for the US tournament members with Adam, Dwayne and Averman. They had a free schedule for a bit and they decided to see what the lounge had to offer them. So far, they had played foosball and air hockey and now they were hanging out on the couches. Sophie was hanging upside down while the three boys sat up right.

“In conclusion, The Karate Kid is the best movie ever made,” Averman said as he finished off his rant.

“Averman,” Sophie began as she looked at the boy on her right. “We all literally said we agree with you at the very beginning. You just ranted for twenty minutes when we said we agreed with you.”

“Wait really?” Averman asked as he looked over at the other two.

Dwayne and Adam nodded as they stared at the redhead. Before anyone else could speak again, Charlie came running up to the four. As he stopped in front of them, he bent over with his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

“Soph,” Charlie started before he took a couple more deep breaths. “Alright. Soph, we need to go do that thing we talked about.”

“Oh crap you’re right!” The girl exclaimed as she sat upright quickly. “Shit, shit, shit. Light headed.”

The boys laughed at her for a moment before she looked at them all with a glare. They quickly shut up as the girl stood up from the couch and said goodbye. Sophie followed Charlie out of the lounge as they made their way to the exit of the building. As they walked out of the door to the streets of Los Angeles, they almost walked straight into Dean, Fulton, and Kenny.

“Where are you two heading off to?” Fulton asked as he noticed them heading off in a rush.

“We’ve got team stuff to do,” Charlie answered as he looked at his watch. “We’ve got a meeting with someone in twenty minutes.”

Sophie nodded as he noticed the time on the boy’s watch. They could not be late as they weren’t sure how long the person they were meeting would stay where they were.

“Okay we’ll let you get where you need to be going. See you guys later,” Kenny said before fist bumping Sophie and walking towards the entrance of the building.

Sophie quickly pressed a kiss to Dean’s cheek and waved at her brother before her and Charlie rushed off down the street. They ran a couple blocks until they got to the court where they had played street puck with Russ and his friends. Upon arriving they noticed the guys in a game before Victor took notice of the two Team USA players.

“Guys look who it is!”

“Yeah, yeah it’s us don’t cream your pants,” Sophie joked as the guys rushed over to welcome them.