Vampire Mountain

Mine and Darren's relationship was going strong. I had forgotten all about Evra breaking up with me, because I was so happy with Darren.

Darren and I were perfectly happy with our life at the Cirque du Freak. We would sometimes go on to perform Father's act when he wasn't up to it for that night, and he and I made a good team.

We both knew how to handle Madam Octa, and part of me sensed she preferred performing with us.

"You were amazing!" Darren wrapped his arm around me as we rushed of the stage with excitement.

"So were you!" I kissed him on the cheek and we laced our fingers together, holding hands. We were a fairly new couple and we were still in the "honeymoon phase" of our relationship, but we managed to make it perfect because we loved and respected each other.

He stole a kiss on the lips from me, and then I cheerfully kissed him on the lips. We were always so excited and happy around each other. We may have been older, but we still looked like teenagers because we aged incredibly slow compared to humans; however, we were still experiencing first love romance.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to be in a relationship with you," I playfully flirted.

We were walking in a field that was next to our campsite. It was a lovely meadow that had a perfect view of the moon and the stars, in the city you could never see the stars; but out in the open you could see them perfectly.

"Good things come to those who wait," Darren smiled his boyish smile, "And you have been extremely patient." he traced my jawline lovingly and his lips met mine.

"Sometimes I wish we could go somewhere in the world, just the two of us." I told Darren. We sat on the grass and watched the stars; and Darren still had his arms around me.

"Where should we go?" he inquired, his brown eyes were full of happiness. "Let's go to Paris, it's the most romantic city in the entire world." I told him tracing the veins on his hand with my thumb. "What do you think?" I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"That would be nice, to get away from all the madness with the vampaneze." he replied, stroking my hair.

"I definitely agree," I nodded, closing my eyes. After our fight with the vampaneze, Darren and I knew Steve would be their greatest asset into starting the war Mr. Tiny wanted to start, wiping out the vampires.

Mr. Tiny didn't have any vendetta against us, but the only reason why he wanted to start a war was because he was bored and thought it would be fun.

"Father said he was done fighting, he's too afraid." I told Darren. I didn't want it to be true because Father was the best fighter for the vampires. "Why is that bad?" Darren asked.
"Because that's what Mr. Tiny wants."

Mr. Tiny ultimately wouldn't get what he wanted, because Darren and I didn't know we would have to make the dangerous trek to Vampire Mountain. The Vampire Princes wanted to see Darren and see if he was worthy to stay alive as a vampire.
I recalled when I had to participate the dangerous Trials of Death; my first Trial was the most frightening out of all of them, which was fighting the Blooded Boars. These boars were injected with vampire blood which gave them brute strength and made them vicious.
I barely survived, but I did it.

I was desperately hoping they wouldn't make Darren do that.