Joining the Show

We flitted back to the freak show after the excitement of tonight. Darren finally got the hang of flitting, and was able to keep up with us while my father carried Rebecca. Mr. Tall announced to the performers of the show that Darren would be able to join us! 

       "If you are in favor of Darren Shan joining the Cirque du Freak, raise your hand." Mr. Tall invited. I raised my hand along with my father. Courma enthusiastically raised her hand, Gertha Teeth raised her hand, Evra tried to raise both hands to count two votes. "One hand, Evra," Mr. Tall scolded. "Dang it!" he put his hand back down. Rebecca and other performers raised their hands. Mr. Tall smiled amused, "Its unanimous. Darren Shan is now a performer for our show!" we all cheered for Darren and I flitted up to him and hugged him. "Welcome to the show!" I was elated that my best friend would be performing with me. "It feels weird, yet exciting." Darren told me sheepishly. "That's how it felt for everyone." I said, still excited that I would be performing with him. Then I remembered something, "My father left you a present in your tent." I practically yanked him towards the tent. When we got there, we saw a giant wooden coffin made of oak wood. "He got you the good one." I told him proudly. He looked at the coffin in wonder and surprise. Darren was not only a performer in the freak show with me and my father, but he was also a vampire. "Never thought I'd say this, but this feels like home." he smiled at me. "Welcome home buddy," Evra got up from playing his guitar and patted him on the back; then Evra turned to me and kissed me. "There's no place like home." I quoted the Wizard of Oz. 

I was grateful for the life I had with the Cirque du Freak.