What if Lilly ended up with Darren?

I couldn't believe all we had been through. Darren and I were both vampires now. If Steve found out about this, then things would really get ugly.

"What was it like for you, becoming a vampire?" Darren asked. His sadness was palpable and my heart was aching for him.

  We were sitting on the roof of his house looking at the moon and the stars. The autumn night was chilly, but due to us being vampires, we couldn't get cold. 

"I don't remember it too well, even though it was two years ago." I looked at my friend, "But I do remember feeling a cold feeling. I felt like I was dying, but I was still aware of my surroundings. The transformation to becoming a full-vampire is completely different because it lasts longer." I told him, "I don't remember what it was like to be human, I haven't felt human for a long time." 

"But it does get better, I always think about how I can live longer and see the world. Father did tell me being a vampire is a lonely life, but I haven't felt that. Know why?" I smiled, and I was feeling a warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart. "Why?" Darren inquired, his brown eyes lighting up. 

  "Because I found you and Steve, you two are the greatest friends I could ever ask for." The atmosphere wasn't cold anymore, but it was warm and comforting. 

  I have had a crush on Darren since freshman year, and I hadn't been the same since my ex-boyfriend, Evra broke up with me. He said he couldn't be with a vampire; I would live forever so it wouldn't be worth it. That was the worst thing anyone said to me.

  "And you mean more to me than anyone I've met in my entire life," my heart was beating with nerves. 

"Lilly?" Darren was confused, but I think he knew what I was about to tell him, and it would be the most dangerous think I've ever done. 

"Darren, I'm in love with you." I told him with a shaky voice. I couldn't believe that I finally told him, it was surprisingly easy. 

He didn't say anything for a while. 

  "Darren?" I asked with nervousness. "I'm in love with you too, Lilly." he told me with a smile. "When you first moved here, I immediately developed a crush on you and the more I got to know you, the more I realized that my feelings for you were real." 

"Can I kiss you?" he asked me with more nerves. I was just as nervous as he was, "Yes." 

Darren caressed my face, and then our lips met. I felt a rush of happiness run through me like an electrical current, giving me a life that I didn't know I had. I touched his face, kissing him back. 

We were both young, but we both knew we were meant for each other. Our extended lifespans would allow us to be together forever.