five

Heeseung had his earphones in his ears as he sketched in his notebook. He sighed and unconsciously drew a girl sitting by the window. She had a pen rested under her chin as she stared at the view outside.

He looked at the drawing with full confusion. The drawing looked so familiar but he couldn't remember who the girl was. The classroom door opened, revealing Areum with a blank face as she made her way to her table next to him.

He widened his eyes when he realised he was drawing her. She gave him a weird look, annoyed and also confused on why he stared at her with such a horrified look.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked as she took out her books from her backpack. He ignored her question and immediately closed his notebook before putting it into his bag.

"Did you draw something?" She asked again. "None of your business," he snapped. She gave a disbelief scoff and smacked his head, "Why are you suddenly moody. It's 8 in the morning."

He gave her a death stare until they both were interrupted by a girl standing in front of their desks, folding her arms.

"Heeseung, I was wondering," she started, "I'm having a party this school break. I was wondering if you'd like to come?"

Areum eyed the girl up and down. The way she tried to act all sweet and lovely to him. Jiyeon had been hating on her since she likes Heeseung.

"You can invite Beomgyu too," She continued again. Heeseung was about to answer until she said, "You can give me an answer after school! I don't want you to answer now because you need some time to think about it."

Jiyeon faced Areum and smiled, "Sorry, Areum. I wanted to invite you but I don't want to have someone with so scandalous parents in my house. My parents wouldn't also like it."

"Yah!" Areum stood up and was about to hit her with her thick textbook. Heeseung instantly pulled her hand, "Areum."

She gave a death stare to the man next to her before slapping his hand away, sitting back down. Jiyeon eyed their hands together before walking away, clenching her fists.

Heeseung was always mean to her. She's always confused on how Areum was the only one who could bring out his playful and talkative side. He would always talk to only Beomgyu and Areum.

Jiyeon wanted to be the one who brings that side of him out. She sneaked a glance at them and saw how Heeseung was poking Areum's cheek to annoy her.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡ ‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊

Sitting outdoors while eating sandwiches alone was calming for Areum. She sat on the bench in the school field as she watched some male students play basketball.

The problem was, the sun was too hot and it made her sweat since she had her hair down. She frowned and drank her cold banana milk.

She averted her gaze to Beomgyu when she saw him walking towards her. He gave a soft smile before standing behind her, "Yah, why do you always forget to tie your hair?"

As usual, he would always have at least a hairtie prepared. He grabbed a fistful of her hair before tying it into a ponytail.

She smiled and waited for him to sit next to her. "Are you going to Jiyeon's party?" She asked.

"No. My dad wants me to help him at work. He said that it's a preparation for me to take over his company," he answered.

They both talked to each other but stopped when another familiar figure sits next to her other side. Heeseung sat to her left and sipped on his chocolate milk, his eyes fixed on the male students playing basketball.

Her lips curved into a frown, "What are you doing here?"

"Jiyeon won't stop following me around trying to start a conversation."

Areum scoffed, "Well, I'm still mad at you. You didn't let me smack her with my book."

"Because I will also get in trouble for not stopping you," Heeseung argued back. "Yah! Stop it. You both have to stop arguing all the time!" Beomgyu scolded before changing his seat. He moved between them and sat back down, folding his arms.

"So annoying," she muttered under her breath as she looked away. Heeseung scoffed, "Stupid."