Iris understood where his worry generated; she could not help it. The brothers agreed to everything she said except this; she let out a sigh and allowed him to follow her.

Iris was quick to do her work.

*woof* *woof*

"Zuko!" she squealed when she saw the fluff ball running towards her. Her mood immediately brightened.

She let out a contented sigh as she rubbed her face on his soft fur

Zuko barked, tilting his head as if he understood her bleak mood. He licked her face earning a fit of giggles from her. He let out a happy snout.

He liked this human. She smelt good. Other than his owners' serious mood, her smiles felt refreshing. Zuko liked being around her.

The brothers glared at their dog. He was good at making her laugh than them. Fuck, it hurt their pride to be jealous of a dog.

"Hand," she smiled at the obedient dog, who immediately put his hand on her palm. She beamed at him, giving him ear scratches. He whined when she stopped. "Aww, you needy doggie," she cooed, continuing rubbing his belly.

He barked as if disagreeing he wanted her rubs and starches but moved his body forward, rubbing against her body. She smelled better than others.

"Would you accompany me to the library," she asked the dog as he let out an agreeing bark earning a pat from her

Then what about us! The brothers grumble in their hearts.

Zuko and their wife walked to the library as the brothers followed them like abandoned puppies. Iris was doing her best to ignore them and focus on Zuko, but she swore she could envision the doggie ears on the brother drooped down and them wagging their tails to get her attention. Their face was even worse than a kid who got rejected for his favorite toy.

Iris knew they had hurt her. Even more, than they can imagine. She would not forgive them easily. Damn, she thinks she might never forgive them.

Every single cell of her body repulsed them; even her liking towards their beauty dwindled. She hated them from her bones. She could not fall in love with them just because they looked like greek gods. They were jerks.