Road to Recovery

~Alpha's POV~

I was in a strange room, and all I saw was black. It was quiet... too quiet. I started walking in the darkness. I walked for what seemed like ages. This room was endless, wasn't it?

I sat down with a sigh. I stared at the nothingness before me, then pulled my knees close and laid my head upon them. It was so quiet, and I didn't like it. I usually liked the quiet, but this was different. It was a spooky quiet. A quiet that shouldn't be quiet. I closed my eyes and to fill my mind with thoughts so I could rid of the eerie silence. But, then I heard a noise. More specifically, a voice.

"Alpha..."  it was a woman's voice.

"Hver er þar? Sýndu þig!"(Who's there? Show yourself!) I yell into the darkness.

"Alpha, you stupid child. How could you forget us?" this time it was a man's voice, and I knew exactly who it belonged to... and I dreaded it.

I saw two figures fade in from the darkness. I gasped. I was right. No, not them. Anyone but them!

"Well hello there again, Alpha. We've been looking for you," said my mother.

"Nei! VERÐU AFTUR!" (No! STAY BACK!) I cried.

"We need you back at home for some... unfinished business. You are the one who gets us the money, you know," My father explained.

"Nei! Ég fer ekki aftur! Ég fer ALDREI aftur!" (No! I'm not going back! I'm NEVER going back!) I yelled as tears pricked my eyes. I am not letting them bring me back to that circus. I'm not their little pet to show off!

"Don't take that tone with me! You are going back -"

"- whether you like it or not,"

"Nei! NEI!" (No! NO!) I screamed. I shut my eyes tightly as they closed in around me.

I felt a mist, and I slightly opened my eyes to find that my parents had been replaced with hundreds of people staring and kids pointing. I fell backward in fear. I tried crawling away, but the further I crawled, they closer they came.

I clutched my head. I thought it was quiet before, but now it was too loud, and the volume was increasing with every second. Tears threatened to fall as the shouting, laughing, and teasing engulfed me.

...

"Alpha, ALPHA!"

I suddenly sat up, gasping and sweating. I found myself on the sofa of the room Bloodhound and I shared, face to face with the hunter themselves.

"Alpha, vinur, you seem distressed. Look at yourself, you are shaking," they said, concerned.

Indeed, I was shaking. Badly. I still hadn't caught my breath yet, and was struggling to breathe.

"Maybe it would help if we took this off," they suggest, reaching for my mask.

My reflexes took over as I suddenly grabbed their arm to stop them. The pressure pushing towards my face ceased, and their arm relaxed as they stopped trying. Then I remembered the feeling of having my mask off, how I had so much more air filling my lungs than ever. And I needed air. Hesitantly, I let go of their arm, and slowly nodded my permission to remove the mask. They reached for my mask, slower this time, and gently removed it. As soon as it was removed, I gasped deeply, like I had been holding my breath for hours. As I filled my lungs with air, I made sure to keep the inside of my mouth as hidden as possible.

"There we go. A lot easier to breathe now, right?" they said. 

I nodded as I continued to get my breath back. I was still shaking, but at least I could breathe now. I watched as they looked at my face, and saw all of my scars. They reached out and touched them.

"Who did this to you?"

I froze. This question brought me back to what I had just witnessed moments ago. My breathing quickened, and soon, I was hyperventilating.

"Woah, woah. Calm down, vinur. I apologize. I shouldn't have asked." they said quickly.

The pulled me into a hug, something that I never had in my life, but I wished I had. (Man, my life is sad...) Then, I spoke.

"P-please... make it s-stop... make them l-leave..."

Bloodhound's head suddenly turned towards me, obviously surprised I had spoken. But I was too frightened to notice. I dug my nails into their jacket.

"D-don't let them take me... You can't l-let them bring me b-back..."

Instead of asking who or where I was talking about, they just hugged me tighter.

"Don't worry, vinur. I won't let anyone harm you. You are safe now, calm down." they said softly, rubbing my back to soothe me. It helped; it felt so warm and comforting. Eventually, I was brought back to reality.

It was just a dream. A very... horrible dream.

We sat there, caught in embrace, for a while before I was fully calmed down. They slowly let go and got up and went to their bedroom. That was when I realized how hungry I was. What time was it even?

I attempted to get up, only to be met with a searing pain. I hissed as I looked and saw slightly bloodied bandages wrapped around my torso. Then I remembered what happened with me and Revenant earlier. I carefully unwrapped the bandages to see gauze almost covered in blood. Once I removed the gauze, I saw some pretty good stitches, not gonna lie. Did Bloodhound do this? I didn't think an expert hunter like them would have this skill. Guess I was wrong.

~AN~

ALPHA TALKS!! We are moving up in the trust spectrum, Ladies and Gents! I... don't really have much else to say here... well this is awkward... uhm... SEE YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! heheh... o_o

Remember, Keep Smiling! :)

-Kay