Introducing Your Champion

Only three squads remained as we entered the final ring, the area with the frozen building. We were camping in a small building, restocking our ammo and heal supply, when we heard gunfire in the distance. The other two squads were fighting, we could tell. Before long, the number of remaining squads dropped from three to two. It was just us and one other squad. I look over at Bloodhound, and, seeming to read my mind, they nodded and said "Let us go and fight. If the gods will it, we shall vinna and taka the victory," 

"YES! Finally! Some action! Well, what are we waiting for? ¡Vamos!" Octane replied impatiently.

Before we could react, Octane was already out the door with the green liquid in his chest, running like a maniac. Bloodhound shrugged and we got up and chased after him, which was quite difficult because he was much faster than us.

We had almost lost him when we heard gunfire again, but closer this time. Then, we saw them. The final squad. And they were shooting at Octane, while he dashed past them and fired back. Bloodhound slid behind a rock and started shooting from afar. I went in closer, but not too close, and opened fire with my Carbine. Bullets rained through the air. Bloodhound sniped one down and eliminated them with their Prowler. I got hit a few times, but that was not my biggest concern. Octane managed to get downed, and time was ticking before the ring closed. I had to do it.

I threw an arch star at one of the squad members and downed them. Then I pulled out my Devotion and ran towards the last one. I fired at them with no mercy. I downed them and finished them off using my finisher. I whistled, and my foxes leapt out and attacked them, tearing at their skin until they were eliminated.

I kneel down and chatter to them in fox "Good work" and scratch them behind their ears. Suddenly, I hear the announcer. "We have a new Champion," it states. I can't believe it. I am an Apex champion! I turn around to see my squadmates staring at me. At first I am confused as to why, but then I realized. I had just spoke fluent fox in front of them, and they didn't know I had this ability. I blush, thanking the gods that they couldn't see it due to my face being covered.

"Alpha, why did you make that strange noise? Is your throat getting worse?!" Octane worried.

"No, Octane, I believe that they were speaking to their canine félagar in a language we do not understand," Bloodhound guessed. I nodded my head, confirming they had guessed correct.

"So, wait, you mean to tell me that you can speak animal?!" Octane yelled surprised. Again, I nodded my head. Blaze, my red fox, jumped up and started licking my face. I gently batted her away as I didn't want fox saliva all over my mask. 

"YO! That is so cool, compadre!" Octane yelled.

"Honestly, I too am impressed with your ability. You perfectly matched the sound of a true fox. This makes me wonder what other abilities you possibly have, félagi," said Bloodhound.

I smiled and shrug my shoulders, as if to say "Guess you'll just have to find out," and make my way to the dropship. Bloodhound chuckles and follows me on. Octane practically flies in as he is just full of energy.

"Whoohoooo! What a rush! Am I right? Haha!" 

"I guess you could call it that. We are the Apex Champions, after all," Bloodhound replies.

I smile. Maybe, just maybe, I can actually find real friends here.

~AN~

Alright! We are really getting into the story now! What do you guys think? Will Alpha be able to finally trust others and maybe make some friends other than just her animals? Read on to find out!

Remember, Keep Smiling! :)

-Kay