The Drop

I followed the legend to the lobby, where the others were already breaking off into groups. I looked up at a screen on the wall that listed all of the legends names in groups of three. I almost instantly found my name, as well as Octane's. I was in a squad with him as well as a legend named Bloodhound.

"Looks like you and I are in the same squad, félagi fighter," said the legend. That's when I realized, I was sharing a room with Bloodhound, one of the top Apex Predators of the games. I was flabbergasted. How did I not recognize them!? I had watched Bloodhound become champion match after match before. Before I got too deep in my thoughts, I was brought back to reality when a certain legend ran up and elbowed me.

"Hey, amigo! Looks like we're in the same squad! How cool is this?! Olé!" Octane did a flip in his excitement. I roll my eyes and laugh internally. This guy was crazy! How did he always manage to have so much energy?

We got on the dropship and flew out to the ring. I looked out the window to see a building almost engulfed in an explosion of ice. I wonder how that happened? As we glided over the area, I pointed to a spot that seemed to be a good place to land. 

The jumpmaster, Bloodhound, noticed this and acknowledged it.

"So you want to land there, félagi?" they asked. I nodded my head and pinged the location.

We jumped off the dropship and glided rapidly towards the location, propelled by our jetpacks. As we neared ground, we slowed down as we prepared to land. I hit the ground on my feet and dash straight to a nearby loot crate. Inside was a Carbine and a Mozambique. I picked up the Carbine, knowing that it was a rapid fire weapon, the kind I liked best. I picked up some light ammo for the gun, some frags, 2 shield batteries, and a syringe. I also found a level 2 backpack, so that's nice. Once everyone was loaded up we started trekking towards the next ring, being ever so cautious to not into any enemy squads.

We made our way to a lava area and looted a few more buildings. I had found a purple Evo Shield on one of the gondolas and also found a Devotion LMG. Octane threw down a jump pad and flew up onto the roof of one of the buildings. Then, he pinged something.

"We've got company! 'Bout time we got ourselves a fight," he said. I looked over by where he pinged and sure enough, another squad was heading our way.

I whistled for my raven and sent her up to keep an eye on the area to make sure there were no other squads nearby. Then I took out my Carbine, went inside a nearby building, and positioned myself in a good spot to fire by the window. When I got there, they were in mid-range, the perfect spot. I opened fire. I managed to down one before they even noticed me. Then they headed towards my building, so I knew I had to move. But little did I know that they had split up and were entering the building from different sides.

~AN~

Hello guys! Just wanted to say thank you again for reading this book! My parents just tested Covid-Positive and I will be quarantined for a while, so expect a lot of updates from me in the next few weeks, as this is what I do when I am stuck at home and bored.

Remember, Keep Smiling! :)

-Kay