First Encounters

As I walked down the hallway, I ran into an energetic man, with prosthetic legs? I looked down at my own legs, which also happened to be prosthetics due to an attack from a pack of timberwolves. Crazy how strangers can have something in common... only... how did he get his legs to the point of needing prosthetics?

"Woah! Pardon me, amigo! Didn't mean to run you over! Ha! Say, your that new legend the others are talking about, sí?" said the man, jogging in place. I nodded my head in response.

"Yes! I was hoping to run into you before the next match! Guess I did! Haha! Anyways, ¿Como te llamas, nuevo amigo?" 

I paused, then suddenly pulled out a piece of paper with my name on it.

"Alpha, huh? Sick name. But, tell me, amigo, why won't you talk to me?"

Again, I paused, but longer this time. How was I going to get out of this situation without revealing myself? After a bit of thinking, I pointed to my neck, to signal that I had a sore throat.

"Ah, sore throat. No bueno talking with one of those, ah? Maybe you can get some hot tea from the cafeteria. That'll probably help. It's just down that hallway and to the left."

I nodded and gave a thumbs up, signaling that I understood the directions. Before the other legend ran off, I grabbed him and pointed to him. When he didn't seem to understand, I pulled out my name card, pointed to it, then to me, and then to him.

"Oh, you want to know mi nombre?"

I nodded my head yes.

"Glad you asked! My name is Octavio Silva, but you can call me Octane. Ay! The next game's about to start! You better start moving in and then hurry out to see who's in your squad on time! Adiós for now, amigo! See you in the ring!"

I waved goodbye to Octane and opened the door to my room, where I see another legend. They had the place decorated with animal skins, bones, and hunting weapons all hung on the wall. There was no electricity, with about two dozen candles giving off the only light in the room.

"Ah, so you are the new legend who is to be sharing this room with me." said the mysterious legend. "Come, unpack your things and suit up. A new match is about to begin,"

I nodded and entered the room, quickly unpacking my things, setting up my bird cages and placing dog beds for the foxes.

"I see that you too have a love for animals" said the legend. I nodded and proceeded to put on extra armor over my clothes and tighten everything up before the match. Don't want anything flying off in the middle of combat.

"You are silent and only reply with a nod... is there something wrong?"

I instantly face the legend, unsure of what to do. Of course their is something wrong! They don't trust anyone! But, why tell them if it just might kill what little of friendship is blooming between them? No, no one should know... no one will know... ever! I stick with the sore throat excuse, but this won't be able to last long and will have to be replaced with a new excuse later on.

"You have a sore throat, félagi? Hm, I would offer you something to help, but I'm afraid that there is not enough time. We must go, the squads are being selected as we speak."

With that said, the legend lifted their arm and a raven flew to it as if on command. Then the two of them walked out the door. I whistled for my animals and ran out after the other legend, with my animals close behind.

~AN~

WHOO!!! Two chapters in one day?! I am on a roll! Ahem, anyways, I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far! Don't be afraid to leave comments of suggestions and things you would like to see in future chapters! 

Remember, Keep Smiling! :)

-Kay