Aftermath

~AN~

Just a quick AN for a second. I'm going to change things up a bit and include other perspectives as well as Alpha's. You will know who's perspective it is because I will put it at the beginning of that section (the logical thing to do). 

Also, this chapter gets kind of deep with Alpha's past, so just be prepared. You've been warned.

That's it from me! Now back to our scheduled presentation.

We got off the dropship and were instantly surrounded with paparazzi. Microphones where shoved in our faces as we were bombarded with questions. We managed to push through the paparazzi and enter the building completely exhausted (except for Octane of course XD). We head down the hall and eventually part ways with Octane as Bloodhound and I enter our room. Streak and Blaze make a direct beeline to their beds and flop down with a huff. Bloodhound puts Artur on his branch and I put my birds in their cages. Talon shrieked, and I immediately knew what he wanted. I pulled out a mouse that I had found in one of the buildings and captured. I toss it to him and he caught it like pro. He munched happily away at the mouse as I went to my bedroom.

I glance at the clock, which read 5:25. I took off all of my extra garments until all that remained was my shirt, pants, cloak, and mask. I had taken off my hat, gloves, and goggles as well. I hesitated, but eventually I took of my mask. It had been a long time since I had taken of this mask. The air felt fresher and fuller, like I hadn't breathed until now. I took a deep breath, and exhaled slowly. It felt good to take off the mask. But then I looked in the mirror. And saw my face.

(Slight Backstory Reveal Warning!)

Flashbacks played in my head. My parents saying I was disgusting. People I didn't even know calling me a freak. I clutched my head, fighting back tears as the torment played inside my head...

over...

and over...

and over again.

The teasing. The stares. The pain. It was relentless. I was trapped. I couldn't get out.

I was flat out crying at this point. Balled up on the floor, trying ever so desperately to remain as quiet as possible. I didn't want Bloodhound hearing me and find me without my mask. They would see my face, and look in disgust or terror. Then they'd tell everyone. Everyone would continue the torment that had started years ago. I couldn't let that happen. Not when I was this close to actually getting a friend.

I can't be rejected again...

I heard something by my door, and I almost panicked. But then I heard a scratch on the door, and then I knew that I was none other than Streak. Her and I had always had an emotional connection, and I knew that she knew something was up. I got up and opened the door slightly, just enough to let her through, then closed the door again. I sat back down on the floor and she instantly climbed into my lap. She nuzzled my hand, and I started to pet her.

"Þú heldur ekki að ég sé æði, er það? (You don't think I'm a freak, do you?)" I whisper to her in my native language. She looked up at me with knowing eyes and gently licked my cheek. Gods I was lucky to have her... I was lucky to have any of my animals. They know the true me behind the mask, and they don't judge me. They love me the way I am. I just wish people would do the same.

...

I found myself in my bed with Streak stretched out over my mechanical legs. Somehow, Blaze had also wandered in here too and was in a ball next to me, snoozing away. Had I fallen asleep? What time was it? I glanced over at the clock. 8:30. Great, I missed dinner. I gently got up to not disturb the sleeping foxes, and walk to the kitchen to fix something up real quick to eat. When I got in, I see a plate of some sort of steak with rice. It had a note next to it.

Alpha,

I noticed you had fallen asleep, so I left you some of the food I had made. I didn't want you to go hungry. Its fresh prowler that I hunted earlier today. Eat your fill and sleep well, vinur.

Blóðhundur

I gasped quietly. Someone actually thought about me. In a positive way. Someone... cares about me. And they happened to be the one I had looked up to for years. I almost started crying again, but I was hungry, so I took the plate and headed towards my bedroom. 

I sat on the bed and took a bite. It was still warm! I took another. This was delicious! Before I knew it, I had emptied the plate completely. I never had prowler before. Now I have a creature to keep in mind next time I'm out. Then, I saw my mask on the floor. I realized something. Didn't I fall asleep on the floor? How'd I end up in the bed? Then I remember Bloodhound's note. "I noticed you had fallen asleep..." They must've saw me on the floor and put me in the bed. Then, it hit me. He saw me without my mask! I panicked. 

Oh, I just hope I had my mouth closed enough...

~AN~

Oooh, the plot thickens! This is getting good! Sorry if this is a longer chapter, I just couldn't stop writing! AAAA! Anyways, hope you all are enjoying this book! I really like writing this book and am planning to make many more chapters! Stay tuned!

(I know I know, I have two AN's in this chapter. DEAL WITH IT!)

Remember, Keep Smiling! :)

-Kay