22nd of May, year XXXX Time: 12:10-12:38

Start from the beginning

"I'm stuck here with you, I can't do much if I heard it or not." The doctor stood up straight, looking for any mechanisms or simple locks to open. "It's outside, if you're trying to find something." the retired fighter commented, adding "The thinnest thing is paper. Oh, and there's a lock with a chain since it's just a push and pull mechanism with no locks made."

"So we can't go out?" When the answer was a shake if the head, Johnathan's hand sliding down the door from utter defeat. 

"If, of course, you're only talking about the door." Sighing, the defeated man muttered "It's the window."

"And only an idiot would plan such a thing with a lot of people patrolling."

"Like Michael?" he joked, apologizing afterwards for such a shit one. "Don't be. It's mostly common to call him that, to be honest." Dumbfounded by this answer whilst Philip was laughing to himself, he questioned "Really?" just to be sure.

"Oh absolutely, we make fun of each other once in a while." he smiled as to remembering the life before this massacre. "Lasted with him every time losing an argument because he lags a lot."

"Well that's sad." John chuckled out. He took in a bit more of nicotine and puffed out the smoke. He finally snuffed out the cigar afterwards. The more he thought about it, "There's one example of his stupidity, to be honest."

"Oh?"

"He put himself in a dangerous position just to look and sound badass. Nearly killed himself for almost getting radiation poisoning."

"Pray tell." the other urged on, his interest piqued since it's gone dull. Taking a deep breath, John started with "Well, first and foremost, it's been two months ago and it's a bit foggy in my mind." Reassuring the doc, Phil said "It's fine, it's fine. Excessive details isn't what I'm there for anyways."

Nodding, he continued on. "So, first of all, we—"

March 12, year XXXX Time: 6:00 (or somewhere beyond that time)

The scene starts with him, Michael, Nathan and Diane beaten up from the heat. "How much water do we have left?" the leader asked. Taking the tumbler in her hands, it still felt somewhat heavy. "If we ration it, maybe until tomorrow."

"Fuck..." Mike licked his lips. Still parched. "Guess we need to find another mall to scavenge." The fight scenes were forgotten but one. They were nearing the store they were in since the prologue. Obviously the most clichéd, perhaps.

Looking around, John found a building. "Hey! Look at that!"

Turning over to see what the doctor was talking about, Nathan saw and said "Good eyes, doc." before calling the attention to the two. Now, there were some bits and pieces of sand covering carcasses, close but safe. 

Even if it's wasting bullets, Diane and Michael shot them on the shoulder first to see if they squirm. Not much movement other than the impact. "There's no response. Come on." Michael beckoned, walking to the designated place.

Of course, they always needed to be waylaid by unsuspecting decaying people. The resources are crying no matter what the damn circumstance is. "You could've been faster, you damn pricks." 

"Hey, hey! We're walking here, piece o' shit!" a shrubby man covered in soot and blood, pouring from his body mind you, came out speaking. There was a small girl near him as well, coughing with difficulty.

"Don't come closer then!" Diane yelled out, pointing her weapon to the both of them. "How about you scram yerself!"

"Sir, we only want to go through to that store behind you." Nathan went to be polite since there's a child. "We just need a bit of supplies."

"ABSOLUTELY NOT! YOU BE TRYIN' TO TRESPASS MY NEW HOME!"

"Father," the daughter coughed up blood. "Let's just go... I don't like these people." The old man spat on the floor before agreeing. "C'mon, Margaret."

With Diane pissed and angry, with Michael not wanting to be letting them infect other people by airborne, waterborne or blood-borne diseases, they shot. First, the father with his daughter crying out to him before he died from literal severe blood loss, unlike before.

The child was scared from the outcome, but before she ran, she was killed by bullets to her chest. Disgusted by those actions, Michael told them "I don't want to think about this at all, so let's move quick."

And so the prologue in this story has been given as well. Johnathan was terrified as shit, disgusted and also disturbed by what he witnessed, but it has to be given context before the 'Michael tried to kill someone with alpha radiation when he was too near so that he would look cool' bit.

That story ended with that one line, because there's no way that they could just go around add more. "So, how did he become close to you lot?" Philip asked, shifting away the topic so that the doctor wouldn't be uncomfortable.

"Is that why he's manic?"

"Supposedly yes. He's like that when he's with his friends or gets attached with his faction."

"Is that bad?" John questioned, getting a shake from Philip's head. "It's just one of his moods." the other added in and the doctor finally saying "Weird."