32 - Grumpy

Sky's POV (Scorpio)

"You better win, you better win, you better win!" I heard Summer next to me chant. I glared at her. "You better shut the hell up." I said.

We were watching a weird game of soccer. It wasn't any team I recognized, but they were famous for being so bad at the game. Alex and Samuel seemed to be obsessed with this account.

Summer flipped her strawberry blonde hair at me. "You're just mad cause my team is winning. Your goalie was picking his nose last time he was on screen." She exclaimed, grinning at me.

I rolled my amber eyes. "The ball hit your goalies leg and he fell to the ground and started sobbing." I explained, looking back at her.

She smiled and brushed her fingers through her long hair. "At least my goalie is brave enough to express his feelings." She protested.

"Can you both shut the hell up, I can't hear the game." Alex interrupted.

I rolled my eyes and decided to leave that atmosphere. I turned and scanned the room, then my eyes landed on Chase.

I got up and went next to him, softly nudging his side with my elbow. "Hey." I said.

He glanced down at me, but continued cooking. He didn't reply to me.

I narrowed my eyes at him and crossed my arms. "Oh? Grumpy today, are we?" I asked with a gentle tilt of my head, my black hair following along with me.

Chase let out a soft sigh. "The incompetence in this room is fucking extraordinary." He said, glancing at everyone in the room, then at me. "My generosity is close to ceasing." He said again.

I smirked at him. "So, you're going to be a selfish goat." I said. He shrugged in reply. "What I think is selfish is how everyone in this room expects me to mother them." He said, half sarcastically.

"I think you're doing a great job, Chase. And I appreciate everything you do!" We both heard a sweet feminine voice say. We both look up to see Pia with an empty plate. She smiled sweetly. "I'm sorry if you feel forced to do this, I don't want to make you feel that way." She said.

Chase gave her a reassuring smile. "Ah, no, Pia. You don't make me feel that way." He said, then glaring over to people like Leo, Alex, Samuel, Lia, Gabriel, Gabriella, etc.

I glanced up at Chase and then glanced at Pia. Pia was surely a sweet girl, but for some reason, Chase being so nice to her gave me a weird feeling in my stomach, mainly cause he's an asshole to everyone.

Pia smiled warmly. "Oh, well that's good!" She said, placing her dirty dish in the sink. "I think it's by time we get a fucking maid or butler here, or something." Chase said.

My eyebrows rose and I looked up at him. "That's a great idea, actually. But with these god forsaken assholes, they'd probably quit first day." I said.

Chase shrugged. "I'd do anything for lots of money, to be honest. I'd even hang out with you for money." He said, jokingly. I rolled my eyes at him and smirked. "No, sorry, goats carry diseases." I remarked back.

Chase looked down at me, then looked back at his cooking. "Actually, goats are some of the cleanest animals in the world, since their digestive system can strongly wash out any form of bacteria." He said.

I narrowed my eyes and looked up at him. "Wait, really?" I asked. He softly smiled and stared at his cooking. "There really is one born every minute." He said softly.

I furrowed my eyebrows and crossed my arms. "Asshole." I mumbled. He rose an eyebrow. "I'm a goat, not a donkey, Sky." He added like a jackass.

Getting irritated by his sassy remarks, I grumpily looked up at him. He then looked down at me, smirking. "Hm? Have something to say?" He asked with a soft tilt of his head, his dark hazel eyes staring down at me.