23 - Betting

Autumn's POV (Aquarius)

"Pepper! No... Salt! No... Salt and Pepper!" Gabriella said happily, jumping in her seat a bit.

"Gabby, Salt or Pepper are both a bit weird for such a happy dog." Lia said.

I gave a yawn, watching the puppy run around the living room like it was on drugs. It skid to a hault in front of me, Gabriella, Lia and Lillian. "He's so cute!" Lillian cooed, snatching the puppy up into her arms, hugging him before he could run away.

"You know he still might have bugs or tics, right?" A voice came in. We all looked at the owner of the voice, Liam. He sat down beside Lillian and pushed his fingers into his blonde hair.

"Yeah, but I can't stop holding him, he's so adorable!" Lillian said sweetly. Liam gave a faint smile and pet the puppy from it's forehead to it's back.

Gabriella sighed. "I wish we could skip school to take him to the vet." She mumbled, looking down.

"Why can't we? We can just skip a day." I said. Lia groaned. "Thomas already let us off on Monday, I don't know if he'll allow Friday." She mumbled.

I shrugged and stood up straight a bit. "We won't know unless we try. Plus, it's for a good cause, saving a homeless puppy's life." I added in.

Lillian sighed, kissing the dog's forehead. "Is it Friday already? Well... I think it's worth a shot." She said, grabbing the small, hyper puppy and putting it on the ground, and almost immediately, it started running in circles happily.
Liam softly chuckled. "Good luck trying to convince him." He said. "We already got ourselves into a lot of trouble within the past 4 days, I don't know if he'll let us take a break from school just to take a puppy to the vet." He added.

"You don't have to be such a downer, Liam." I said, looking down at the puppy who jumped around.

I noticed Liam look at me from the corner of my eye, but I avoided looking at him. "You were sure a down-er at that party the other night." He said, looking back at the puppy.

I blinked slowly, then shot my gaze to him, narrowing my eyes, trying to be threatening, but he didn't seem effected. I noticed Gabriella, Lia and Lillian immediately perk up with interest and eye us both interestingly.

Lia gave a little coo. "Ooo~ Did something happen the other night?" She asked, leaning a bit closer to me, smirking.

I sighed. "No, he's just making fun of me." I said simply. Liam gave a 'tch' like laugh. "Making fun of you... You were insulting me the entire time, now it's bad?" He asked, looking at me. But I could tell he was joking cause he didn't seem too serious about the situation.

I smiled softly, looking away and back at him. "Only cause you're a jerk~" I answered. Liam smirked. "If that's what gets you going~" He answered.

I looked down a bit, feeling my cheeks heat slightly.

"Oh hoho, get a room!" Gabriella yelled, laughing afterwards. "Eww, Autumn's room is right next to mine, meaning I'd hear them." Lillian said, sticking her tongue out in disgust.

I blushed, narrowing my eyes. "That's disgusting- You guys are disgusting- I'm getting ready." I said. I got up from my seat, stretching softly.

Lillian rose a brow at me. "And what are you wearing?" She asked, eying my body softly.

I've noticed this about Lillian... She loved beauty. Doesn't matter if it's physical, emotional, anything, she likes anything that is enjoyable in her eyes.

So my sense of fashion is something she doesn't find beautiful.

"I was thinking about something simple." I answered, blinking away and back at her again. Lillian sighed. "Well, it better be pretty enough to have a line of boys following after you." She said, smiling at me.