Chapter 12: Wedding Reception

Start from the beginning

During those moments I totally forgot that a crowd of around 50 was watching us, simultaneously cheering and howling and clapping.

I looked around to see, some had gotten up from their seat as if it was too hard for them to contain their excitement, some were clapping, while my mother was crying happy tears.

Seemed like people were happier than the bride and groom itself. Media at the back were clicking pictures, knowing all too well that these pictures were going to make the front page of many business magazines, journals and newspapers.

After the wedding ceremony, we were lead to a huge lawn, for the reception.

The lawn was decorated beautifully with same flowers as the wedding aisle and arch outside in the garden; hydrangeas and white roses. Silver net fabric covered the pillars in spiral with white-golden fairy light stuck along the fabric. The chandelier hung mid-air casted the perfect golden light that made the black-golden tiles sparkle even more which was spread along the raised platform in the middle of the lawn.

Apart from the pillars and chandelier, in a vast corner, a perfect little club type dance floor was also set up with a chandelier hung from the suspended fairy lights in that corner; switched off for now. And in the opposite extreme corner of the dance floor, a bar was situated, which was already crowded by guests. Some chairs and tables were kept at the farthest edge of the lawn. The whole room gave Victorian era vibes with its centre saved for bride and groom's first dance.

Layla and I were rushed in the middle of the ballroom by my mother for our first dance. At first I was really awkward because all eyes were focused on us and I wasn't much of a dancer. Though surprisingly I did know how to waltz around which was not required but it did help in keeping up with the steps of your partner.

Layla smiled up at me, still 5-6 inches shorter than me even in her insanely tall heels. My anxiety went out of the window, just seeing her merely smile. I pulled her closer to me with my one hand wrapped around her small waist and the other traced her skin from her elbow to her forearm to finally her fingers as mine gently caressed her and a surge of electricity tingled from her fingertips and reached mine.

"I don't see you wearing red, Cherry. You always wear something red with all your outfits."

Her smile lit her whole face and the corner of her eyes crinkled, "a new nickname again? But I like it. And you creep, how did you notice all that?" She laughed and then instantly a mischievous grin appeared on her face and she moved back from my embrace.

At first I felt cold with loss of her warm, milky skin against mine. But then my grin grew even bigger as she pulled up her dress a little and showed me her gorgeous red heels, after that she came back again in my arms, in the same position as we were before.

The song video games by Lana Del Rey started playing. And we swayed together and twirled together and laughed together. She slightly dipped her head back and twirled and rolled back in my arms. I pulled her even closer to me.

People who were watching us, might think we were in love but only our family knew the reality but they were happy nonetheless.

Layla and I parted as the song changed and the mood of the crowd instantly changed as an upbeat song started playing.

Gimme more by Britney Spears!

Our family and friends instantly joined us on the dance floor and the lightings changed from golden to silver disco lights.

Now the dance floor was filled with people dancing together on the song.

Layla just held onto my hand and we did some crazily stupid dance moves together. Nobody noticed us but it was so much fun, dancing with her, completely forgotten about the worries of my everyday life. I guess this is what she meant when she said, I'll never be sad again after meeting her.