34 ◦❀◦ Princess on a Cringefest

This is super long. Enjoy and please tell me what you think. 🥰

Ellena Odde

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ

The founding celebration of the Norvillon Kingdom lasts for a week. As a practical rulers, the palace would hold only one ball on the first night instead of nightly socializing like other royalties.

Finances were not a problem. "It's annoying," Devanti told the family and the vassals when they had a meeting about establishing the kingdom. He flatly stated that it was noisy and that preparations were a fuss.

It was just him being himself, she thought. But it was days later when Lizzie realized that he was just sparing her the work as the new princess who was expected to organize such events.

On the other hand, the commoner's celebration was much longer, up to a week. Shops close, people's farms and herds were halfway abandoned for dancing, drinking, and feasting. Although the center of celebration was in the kingdom's capital city, Nordis, the celebration applies to all territories of the vassals.

As for Lizzie, it will be her third-year tradition of sneaking out to enjoy like a commoner.

Before that, she must compensate for her father's disinterest and terrifying glare at the spectators.

In her attempts to salvage and rebuild the family's title as not simply dictators, the sole princess fought tooth and nail to include the parade as part of the celebration. Regrettably, she had to do all the work every year.

Garth, on his horse, was like a beast prowling the lined onlookers for a possible ambush. Erdan, also saddled on his, did smile, but it appeared more like he was scheming genocide. And Devanti, well, he was being himself.

Although they were dashingly handsome, it was more in an ominous way. And Lizzie had to do the PR for them too.

Smile and wave. Smile and wave.

To think that she would also attend the ball later but wouldn't be able to devour the food at the party.

This is exhausting. Oh, that was Muloclio's Cafe—hm?

She thought she had seen a vaguely familiar face in the crowd of people. Then the image drowned in the faces rained with children and adults paling at her brothers and father, then grinning and waving at her.

"Princess~! Princess~!" the people called and threw flowers. For some reason, she had mostly seen Morning Screamers throughout the years. She shrugged it off and was glad that at least she wasn't the only one amused at the plant.

Right, let's work. Smile and wave. Smile and wave.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ

The usual calm and quiet castle at night were currently filled with music humbly painting the background of cultured conversations. The aristocracy has gathered to celebrate the kingdom's establishment, albeit in a most bizarre way.

The people of focus were yet to appear. Currently, the Norvillon siblings were still on their way to the ballroom. Lizzie, who cares more about the commoners' satisfaction, rather than the farce of polished manners of the nobles, was occupied with reminders to his brothers.

"Garth, for the last time, do not hit anyone I dance with."

A few years back, the legend of a violent ghost that smacks unknowing victims has emerged. At least one or two would be found unconscious in the corners of the castle and all have the same statement—they were hit with something and passed out.