26 ◦✿◦ Chaos in the Morning

Five chapters left before Lizzie's Season 1 ends! I hope it reaches 10k reads by then 🥺

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

If the capital faces the vast ocean of Sydrian, the were times in its winter when days are freezing and the sea breeze would seep into one's bones. For this year, winter was kinder in Gran Dacchia. And the amicable chill of the season extended to the north. People wake up still languid and some who had low tolerance for morning chill, wear coats.

This was the same for the Norvillon Castle, which was higher in the mountains, overlooking the rich valley of Nordis. The duke who was away sometimes and arrive late at night would always wake up an hour or two before the first ray of sunlight hit his office. The servants do the same.

Ever since the arrival of the youngest and only lady, tasks were carried more quietly than usual until she's awoken at eight in the morning.

However, on that particular morning, where the sunrise was brighter but the breeze was colder, it was not just Lizzie that Fay had awoken with a scream, but the whole of the already awake castle pulled to their senses from the comfortable and languid morning.

The terrified maid's voice echoed the castle for the first time. Knights rushed in with their swords, ready to protect Lizzie with their lives, only to see the young miss on her frilly nightdress, embracing the black lump of hair protectively. Her blanket was on the floor with a pillow.

There was a chase, and the Fenrir hopped from her arms to the top of the foster bed, galloping on Leendil's armor plate and back to Lizzie's arms.

No wonder the beasts were still missing. It was in their lady's little arms all along.

"My lady..." Fay was hindered by the knights and was led out of the room for the possible danger.

The duke arrived, impeccable in the black robe-like sleeping attire he usually wears in the morning while working in the office.

The knights parted to make way, unable to look at him in the eye. Shaw, who was the closest could only kneel after the duke snatched the sword from him.

"Not just it had escaped the cage, but you let it in my daughter's chamber."

They almost kneeled with their trembling knees but straightened just by a simple eye sweep from Devanti.

And then, the cool blue eyes zeroed to Lizzie and the beast in her arms. Only then, Honey's droopy ears perked and growled at the duke's killing intent.

"Let me kill it Feliziia."

Lizzie fled to the corner of her room. Besides fear, she was glad Alec already left. She would have believed that he was a dream, but her lousy braid was the proof of what transpired that night. There was also a jar of empty honey on her bed.

Contrary to her plan to clean the evidence before the maids enter, she slept pretty late last night and the beast's fur was quite soft. Now, the situation raised hell and the fury of Devanti Norvillon.

Maybe, her head would also roll along with the fenrir.

Unless she begged him.

"Papa, I didn't do anything. I woke up last night, and Honey was there next to me."

"Honey?"

"Honey." She nodded and raised the beast, hissing, and growling. The knights flinched. "This is Honey."

"You named that thing?"

"A-huh. Isn't it cu-"

"-Feliziia!"