Second Choices

♡︎

Stiles and I are making a group effort to carry a large duffel bag full of chains to Scott's front door. I let go to unlock the door, causing him to drop the bag and tumble foreword.

"Woah!" His face hits the handle of the door that I am busy unlocking.

"Oh! Oh my god." I crouch down and swipe my finger across his face, looking at the not-healing cut.  "Are you okay?"

"I'll survive." He groans and pushes himself back up. I'm trying my best to help, grabbing the bag with one hand.

"You sure you're okay?" I examine the cut for a second, wiping off drip of blood going down his face, before it reaches his eye. "You're bleeding."

"I'm okay, really. Believe it or not, this wouldn't be the first time I've ran into a door handle."

"Oh I believe it." I bring the front of my pointer and middle finger up to my lips and place a kiss on them, before moving the fingers over to the cut, softly tapping it. "Apologies, Stiles' forehead."

He smiles, and opens the door.

"Scott?" A voice calls from inside the house. It rounds the corner and is met with us.

"Stiles...heh."

"Maeve!" I wave, awkwardly smiling.

"Key?"

Stiles shrugs, "yeah, I had one made."

"Okay..." she sighs, "Finally a thing?" Melissa points at us and moves her finger side to side.

"Uh." I choke out, "I don't know? It's kinda new. I just had a sob-session-confession like...an hour ago, but-"

"I mean," Stiles cuts in, "I'd like to say we are..." He looks at me for a second, "- a thing, I mean."

"Yeah?" I ask, almost in a whisper.

"Yeah."

"Okay...then," I turn to Melissa and smile, "I guess we are finally a thing."

"Very sweet...what's that?" She points down at the large duffel bag, which make an unmistakable clashing sound of chains when we set it down.

"Uh, school project."

"Mmm..." she hums, clearly calling out our bullshit. "Hey, guys? He's okay, right?"

"Who, Scott?" We ask.

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore. Not like he used to..." she glances at the floor and back up to me, "Mae, you too. Are you doing alright?"

"We've all had a bit of a rough week." Stiles starts.

"I mean, you saw me this morning." I continue, "I was still drunk off my ass and spewing in your toilet."

"Yeah I still feel a little iffy, by the way..." Stiles tilts his body to the side and whispers to me.

"Yeah. Yeah I get it." She says, slowly nodding her head. "I have to get going to work. Have a nice night guys. I love you."

"Bye! Love you!" I call after her.

"See you later Mel, love you!"

Stiles and I turn to face each other. "So, my us being a thing...does that mean you're my...?"

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"I mean, yeah. To me that's what it means." He says, softly smiling.