Stilinski's house

I crack the window and promptly cross my arms after doing so. I slide my right hand down my inner forearm and stop once it reaches my left hand. The feeling of my fingers interlacing isn't the same as Stiles', being too small and cold. Quickly, my hand inches back up my arm and rests back against my elbow. "I thought you were gonna ask Danny to the party?" A chunk of hair flies into my mouth and I quickly unfold my arms to pick it out. 

"I already texted him. Too lazy to do it in person."

"Wow, real romantic Stiles." I pause and turn my head towards Stiles, him making no effort to look towards me as he's driving. "So? Did he say yes?"

"Yeah! I mean look at me, he couldn't resist." I scoff, "You're going, right Maeve?" His eyes sharp, not leaving the road.

My head turns towards the right window and I stare at the trees passing by. While worrying about my bite disappearing and all of the weird symptoms from it, I forgot about a date to the dance. I haven't made any effort to make any new friends other than Allison. I know people's names because of Scott and Stiles, but no one knows me. Everyone going has a date.  Even Lydia, even though she's gonna dump him at the end of the night. The party is at my own house, (which I barely even live at) yet no one knows who I am. I'll be alone. "Yeah. Yeah I'm going. I mean, I live there. Kinda have no choice." 

"Oh yeah! I always forget that you're a Martin. Didn't even realize it was your house. Only been there a few times." He responds, tapping his fingers on the wheel to the beat of the song playing on the radio. 

I always forget that you're a Martin. What a lovely thing to hear. It's almost as if he were saying, 'I always forget that you're related to the prettiest girl in the school!' It's times like these where I wish people would at least compare us, then I would know I was being acknowledged. 

"You know I'm gonna research like crazy when we get to my house, right?" Stiles breaks the silence after I don't respond to his previous comment.

"Trust me, I know"

The funny thing about Stiles, is he has never changed. The first time I met him, he was going full detective mode. It was seventh grade, and Scott walked me over to their lunch table because, even though Lydia and I were the 'new kids', Lydia had already found a group of friends. Before I could sit down, Stiles had begun questioning me about the school's vending machine, and If i'd had anything from it. Someone had taken the last bag of Spicy Sweet Chili Doritos, and Stiles was beyond pissed. I couldn't fathom why, as it was a vending machine open to everyone in the school. Regardless, he told me that he would find that person and make them go to the store and buy him a large bag of them. Of course, he told me that after hitting on me. Yeah, you heard that right: Stiles had a crush on me for all of one day before he laid eyes on my sister. 

"Maeve? Mae? We're home." Stiles runs around the front of the car and opens my door, "You space out more than anyone I've ever met. It's borderline concerning."

"I wasn't spacing out, I was thinking." My feet hit the ground as I vault myself out of the car. 

"About what?" 

My random spidey senses, my weird newfound feelings, the touch of Stiles' hand on mine, my lack of a date, "Just what research you're gonna do." 

"I have some ideas, don't worry." 

After three hours of sitting on Stiles' bed while watching Criminal Minds, the sound of feet stomping up the stairs travels into the room. 

"Where the hell have you been?" Stiles spins his chair around but is stopped by my feet whacking him in the face, that are hanging off the end of his bed.