Chapter 76: Approaching the Gates.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." -Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ethan took another swig of water while under the sun. "Jacob. I don't think I'm built for the desert." He said to his brother. "I miss the Woods." 

Jacob and Lizzie were keeping their pace up as well. And Jacob was feeling his face sweat. "I got you." Lizzie crafted another Ice ball for Jacob to place on his forehead. 

"Are we there yet?" Penny asked exhausted. "I don't even remember how long it's been since we left Chiara and the others." 

"About 4 days." Barnaby answered. "I've been taking notes about the days we've been gone." 

"Because?" Rath asked. 

"Because." Barnaby answered. 

"You want to be a little more specific with that?" Ben asked. 

"No." Barnaby answered trotting off. But he noticed that Ben was being paranoid about something. 

Ben was looking around for Scorpions. "Ben's afraid of Scorpions." Barnaby realized. 

"And I don't blame him." Penny commented. "They're so scary. Especially the big ones." Her words were cut off by Charlie looking at the map over and over.

"Almost there. You're almost there." Charlie was saying to himself over and over.  

"You okay, Charlie?" Ethan asked. 

"No. I don't even know if we're going the right way. We might just be going in circles. And not going straight." Charlie started hyperventilating. "All I see if just dunes and more dunes." He collapsed on his knees. 

"Oh no." Saahira sighed. "He's going through the Mirage Effect." 

"Look at all these Dunes just moving and moving." Charlie said. "And no Palace in sight. We're never going to see the Palace of Evil and Bill." He declared. "That's it. That's it." He laughed. 

"Yep. I should've gone with Chiara and the others." Rath thought out loud. 

"WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING TO ME?!" Charlie yelled out loud before Badeea slapped him. 

"GET AHOLD OF YOURSELF, CHARLIE!" Badeea yelled.

"NO SHOUTING IN THE DESERT!" Barnaby chimed out. 

"You're right. I'm sorry." Charlie breathed. "This sun is killer. And I know I didn't drink any Cactus Juice." 

That same day was coming to an end. And the Sun was setting once again. Down on everyone going over the dunes. 

"We're approaching the Border which will take us into Present Day Iraq. It's about a Day away." Saahira announced. 

"And I assume it's also just more desert." Rath assumed. 

"That would be correct." Saahira answered. "We should also be away from the Muggle Lands. Just in case there is more conflict between troops." She advised referring to the recent end of the Muggle Persian Gulf War.

Ben on the other hand was looking exhausted. "Well, at least will be out of one country soon enough." He noted. "No offense to you, Saahira." 

"None taken. We were from Iran originally, I will add. Until the No Magi kicked us out. I was only a small child when it happened and Hakeem wasn't even born yet. So we don't remember it much." Saahira pointed out. 

"Sorry about that." Ethan apologized. 

"I said it before and I will say it again that it was not your fault." Saahira replied. "The Sages on the other hand. They would never forget what had happened to their homes. They lost it to No Magi."