6. Joshua

Matt Kabus as Brandon up top!

"And these numbers show how within the last four years how much poverty has gone down and the amount of homeless people have decreased. Opening the shelters and having more food pantries, organizations to help with everything one needs was definitely the right move to make. I'm a big enough man to admit when I'm wrong Mr. Bexley." The middle aged man said as he pointed to the numbers projecting on the wall in the boardroom for the monthly meeting we have.

I had him make a total of all the different ways I have done to help people and to see how much it has helped in such a short time was astonishing. It made me more proud than I had ever felt since starting my small business at the time and today, it's the biggest in the city and across the country.

"Well I'm glad to see you saw it for yourself. Now there is something else I want to discuss and that is a fundraiser for the new wing for the children's hospital. We need donations and need to invite the wealthy to it. I want it for New Years eve, so in less than three weeks. Make plans and put them on my desk by the end of the week, it can be a draft, just show ideas on what we can do for the fundraiser. I also want a lunch meeting with the hospital board of directors tomorrow so make that happen Brandon and make it for that little Italian place on the corner please and thank you." I said to my assistant who is hands down the best anyone could ask for.

"Yes sir." He replied as he took notes of the plans for the rest of the month.

"Now onto..." I was starting to say but a knock on the door interrupted me and Brandon went to answer and spoke to whomever it was, closed the door and walked over to me.

"Sir, you have a situation in your office." He whispered and I nodded, excused myself and went to see what was in my office.

Imagine my surprise when I see a young blonde girl dressed up like an Eskimo and rocking on her feet waiting patiently looking out the window.

"Mary, what are you doing here? Are you alright, Noah?" I asked and I guess I startled her because she squeaked and turned to look at me with surprise on her face and I chuckled.

"Mr. Bexley, I'm fine thank you and I'm sure Noah is as well. I came to see how you were. We hadn't seen you since the other night and I know Noah has been worried. Are you doing well?" She asked and I looked around to see if I could spot Noah but he was nowhere to be found.

"Mary, does your brother know you're here?" I asked and she looked slightly angry but shook her head no.

"Hold on a moment Mary." I walked out and found Brandon waiting by his desk.

"Would you tell them I have an emergency and I will let them know of a time to finish the meeting?"

"Of course sir, is everything alright?"

"I'm not sure but hopefully it will be. I'm going to take her home and I'll be back for my afternoon meetings. Go get some lunch or coffee, take a breath and relax till I return, everyone." I said and he seemed shocked that I said that, hell I'm even shocked I did.

"Thank you sir! I'll let them know." He was smiling and I couldn't help but smile and ruffle his hair. He's a young kid, barely twenty and has been with me since he was a junior in high school, at first being an intern and now working while going to college online for a business degree.

He doesn't know this but when he graduates, he will be promoted to a senior partner in my company to reward him for all his hard work. He deserves it more than anyone here for putting up with me and my insane hours and never has complained about anything.

I went back into my office and handed Mary my phone to call Noah, first me talking to him for a moment before Mary and by the sounds of it, it wasn't going well. After she hung up she was crying so I hugged her to help calm her down some.