First Butterflies

You kept me like a secret and i kept you like an oath

Lakshman and Mrinalini continued walking to the canteen laughing at the duo who were running and bickering in front of them, quite far away!

"Hey, kekanum nu nenachen, En enkita Ceasar pathi keta? " Lakshman initiated the question that was still ringing in his ears, he looked at with his brows arched up in confusion, "Enna professor? Edho kaanama pona girlfriend ah pathi keta maathiri ipdi tension aaghringa.. I just asked about Julius Ceasar! " Mrinalini being mrinalini teased him making his eyes bawl out!

"Sariyana vaala iruke ne! He started, a smile slowly forming on his lips, he continued But yes! I like it! "  They both grinned like children stealing candy in the middle of the night, "My kinda bestie you are! " They high fived each other,

"Intha avi irukan la, he's fun! Of course, but aniyaayathuku nallavana irukan! " Mrinalini looked at him in confusion, "Avi ah? Yaaru?"

"Oh, sorry! Avyay! Avana soldren" He clarified,

"Oh sari sari, but en apdi soldringa? He looks like a fun person to be around. Romba sweet and extremely focused- aprm  she realized she was rambling on and on forgetting where she was and whom she was speaking to. Mrinalini bit her tongue when she caught her professor smiling Cheekily at her, paarah! Vantha anike score panitan da paiyan!

"Ahem, madam. Oru varushama na inga oru jeevan iruken.. Enna pathi oru nalla vaartha solirukiya ne? Po! Na kovama iruken! " He playfully turned back. Mrinalini felt bad instantly, "Acho apdilam illa! Neenga dha King of History aache! "

"Idhenna aarudhal parisa?  Venda neeye vechiko! " The banter continued, "Sari, Samosa vaangi tharatuma? "

"Ahn..Idhu pechu! Va va polam! "

The canteen wasn't crowded much since most of the classes just started. Avyay and Swasthika were still fighting over that one bottle of mountain dew. Well, there was only one left in the canteen!

"Argh! Professor A! Enna vida neenga periyavanga dhaana? Vittu kodutha dha ennavam? " Swasthika sulked crossing her arms and looked at him. Mrinalini and Lakshman joined them, "Ennada prachana? "

"Ah! Professor L! Neegle sollunga! Irukrathu oru mountain Dew! Naan dhaana chinna ponnu apo enaku dhaana tharanum? Neengle sollunga! " She looked at him with puppy eyes which made the men shake thier head and chuckle, Mrinalini joined them.

"Sari sari! Moham suzhikaatha neeye vechiko! " Avyay handed the bottle to her,"Enna professor? Romba dhaarala prabhu va irukinga? Yaar ipdi sanda potalum kuduthruvingla? " Mrinalini chimed in,

Avyay held her gaze gently fir a moment, there was silence gracing the air. His mouth didn't say a word but his heart whispered the words, Ennavo therila aana ne keta sanda podamalae koduthrupen.