The city of joy

Characters :

Ashwin Kumar as Avyay
Shivangi Krishnakumar as Mrinalini
And supporting characters-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sadness and pain which sought expression in the Evening Songs had their roots in the depth of my being

Under the warm canopy of Pramanik's awakened the spirit of summer. The changing seasons bring in the eternal truth about life and decisions. And in a lot of times there are just second chances and never second lives. One's soul is his inward treasure and he should sell his soul to buy bliss.

Mrinalini Pramanik Sauntered around the house humming an old Bangla hymn, look at the hovering parrots near the rice crumbs she threw at them. The single rose bush in thier garden smiled at her as she made her way to make tea.
" Hey mother, do you think about me?
You, who are the goddess of thought,
You encompass the world
How do you decide our fate? --

"The song i came to sing, remains unsung till this day. " Keshav Pramanik stood there with a lone smile on his face, looking at the one whom he considered his everything. His life, his precious daughter. The one who has been his strength from the moment he took her with him.

"Paa! Ezhunthaacha? " Mrinalini turned to look at her father, her best friend. The only constant in her life. "Dho, tea is almost ready! "

"Evlo azhaga paadra mili ne, " Keshav caressed her head as he stood beside her. Mili, he addressed her so. He remembered how she complained about her name when she was five, a very peculiar one that was hard to make a nick name with.

It felt really special that he called her that, something that only her father and her knew about. Mili smiled at that thought matching her father's face, "Pinna, na yaar ponnu! " Pramanik smiled widely at that, quite a sullen one.

"Mili, iniku na sikram kadaiku ponum. Durga puja kaagha puthu stocks varutham.. Ne sikram kelambu, na unna college la drop panidren" Pramanik is a sales manager at 'Pramod silks' a wholesale textile shop that dates back several years. Being brought up in a very culturally diverse environment, he is well versed in both Tamizh and Bengali. It even helped him with his business.

"Bye pa! " Mrinalini made her way to the little nursery outside the campus to feed the little pups that resided there, it all started when she accidentally spotted them drenched in the rain. She gave them some food and made them comfortable in the nursery outside the campus. It had become her happy routine everyday since then.

Her schedule started thirty minutes after nine and her first class was Commerce. She sighed holding the file in her hand. Sometimes she felt so odd about her life, the course she was studying, as if she was destined to do this.

She loved to learn, but something about Business and entrepreneurs felt really surreal to her. She shrugged her thoughts and made her way inside. A new day! A new beginning!

Down in the Roy Chowdhury mansion, a couple of Dexter palms mixed some sugar as he smiled at the perfect coffee. Those bead shaped eyes looked at the way the sun was shining at him, waving the flags of ecstasy as he remembered what day it was today, he was going to be in touch with the love of his life everyday!

"Good morning Chowdhury sahab! Enna mohathula oru polivu theriyuthu? 'Mohabbat ki maaya va? " ( love's magic) Avyay skipped his way to the music room where Badrinath Roy Chowdhury was sat looking at the window pane with a calm smile on his visage. He turned to find a cheerful avyay, "Adade! Vaanga vaanga professor sahab! Athukulla ready aaite polaruku? " He got the cup from avyay's hand and pulled him closer to pat his head.